Sway bar bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booyakashaw

Reaction score
First Name
Del
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Hey guys,

Trying to replace the bushings in my sway bar. The front bushing were easy enough, but the back ones are giving me grief.

What's the best way to get the old one out, and put the new ones in? I'm thinking I have to remove the barView media item 9478

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
It has to come out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Delroy Jenson,

Look at it this way, it'll give you a chance to sand blast the sway bar and get it powder coated whatever color you want. Don't do black. That color is what everyone uses because they don't want to use their imagination. And think about what accent colors you'd like to offset a base color. If you're going to have a black frame, that's fine but do your other stuff in Red, or Yellow, or some shade of green. Get some magazines and look at what color someone else has done their truck in and see if that might be a color you'd like. That sort of thing. Show the truck off, make people want to look at it, draw attention to it. You'll meet cool people who are interested in the same kind of things you are, make friends, talk to people about a shared interest.

This time around I'm doing my suspension parts in Red, primarily because Energy Suspension doesn't make the bushings in Yellow anymore, they're all Red and Black and I'm not doing black. My traction bars and hardware are Yellow, and If I can get my rear sway bar it'll probably be Red, or Yellow I haven't decided yet. My tubular transmission support cross member I had powder coated in Red. Get some color under there. I'll guarantee you people will bend over to look under there. They'll be saying to themselves, "What is that under there?" Look at that pic ali_c20 has there.

Phil 83K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm fighting with my bushings.
Couldn't help but notice he said he wasn't able to get the rear bushings pressed in himself and had to go to a tire shop to get it done... That really takes the DIY out of it all, doesn't it?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

Latest posts

Forum statistics