Subwoofer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bkap725

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Anybody ever put subs in a k10 or c10 I want something that hits hard but can't seem to find anything that fits worth getting?!?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
How loud are you trying to get? Also bench or bucket seats?

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Bkap725

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I want the subs to hit pretty hard and bench

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Like 500 watts vibrating the cab hard or I have a little bass

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Knowing that I can send you in the right direction

Bkap725

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't want **** rattling every where haha

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't want **** rattling every where haha

**** will rattle regardless. Honestly get a nice 8" low profile sub and you'll have plenty. If you want more then get a 10" low profile.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Well **** someone posted a little 200w ten inch sub box that comes with a amp. I'm sure that will give you some bass... that's why I asked what kinda bass you want lol! I have a ten that has some real bass 600w rms bass :)

Bkap725

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What kinda sub do u have in the k10???

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
My most surprising setup and my favorite was a kicker comp VR. They are know wattage sub's and not pricey either. The low wattage amp given you lots of smaller options for power supplies.
Also my experience is being in the same space as the sub lowers the amount of power you need.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
Build a box that has the optimal air space for the sub(s) you want to use. Proper box volume is KEY for good sound.

How much you can fit behind the seat depends on how stubby your legs are. Shallow subs don't usually play as loud (or as low) as ordinary subs. Truck cabs don't usually pound as nice as a hatchback or a larger interior vehicle will.

A single 12 might fit with a ported box, but it will be tight. Two 10s might fit better - if you can also do them ported, they would be louder than the single 12. Three or four 8's might be fun, but I don't know if they will play as low as the 12 would....

Alpine has a nice shallow 13, but $$$.

Stereo Integrity (http://stereointegrity.com/) has a shallow sub that really intrigues me, and was intending to try one in a Nissan hardbody I used to have.

Hunt down car audio specific forums for more detailed information.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
rich weyand did a nice install with a 8" subwoofer. It might not powerful enough or good enough for the hardcore thumper guys, but it is something I might follow when I decide to get rid of my single original speaker...

edit: I was going to post a link but he didn't do the write up on this site...

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had a system put in mine a while back. I have a JL Audio amp that runs Two 6x9's, a 10 inch sub, and two round (forgot the size) Pioneer speakers that replace the panels down by your feet.
I have used 2 amps on all my extended cab or crew cab trucks, but on this one I just told them I wanted it to sound decent and it had to let me move my seat all the way back without interference. It sounds a lot better than I thought it would.
My only complaint is that my truck has so much wind noise due to the vent windows not sealing correctly so I have to turn it up a bit to hear anything.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
rich weyand did a nice install with a 8" subwoofer. It might not powerful enough or good enough for the hardcore thumper guys, but it is something I might follow when I decide to get rid of my single original speaker...

edit: I was going to post a link but he didn't do the write up on this site...

Yeah, I posted it 4 years ago today, in fact. On another site, but hopefully I'll be forgiven. Here it is:
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...iew-how-pics-subwoofer-install-oobs-rcsb.html

They also make a 10-inch unit, which I considered overkill for my application (hard rock/classic rock/metal):
http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-VCTBS1...ef=sr_1_8?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1420924640&sr=1-8

You don't need a big ported box if you get an integrated unit that gives the manufacturer the ability to precondition the audio signal to compensate the box. High-excursion you do need though. The woofers used in these are flat plates rather than cones, and have a large suspension for high travel.

I've been really happy with it. I like flat frequency response across the entire range, though; I'm not a boomity-boomity guy with the bass cranked up way above what it would be, say, in concert. You know, proportionate to the rest of the frequencies.

Of course, they're small enough you could always use two, one behind each passenger....

Last edited:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah, I posted it 4 years ago today, in fact. On another site, but hopefully I'll be forgiven. Here it is:
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...iew-how-pics-subwoofer-install-oobs-rcsb.html

That forum seems to be alright around here. Some around here don't like 73-87's forum... I have the feeling they are getting over it.

[/QUOTE]They also make a 10-inch unit, which I considered overkill for my application (hard rock/classic rock/metal):
http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-VCTBS1...ef=sr_1_8?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1420924640&sr=1-8

You don't need a big ported box if you get an integrated unit that gives the manufacturer the ability to precondition the audio signal to compensate the box. High-excursion you do need though. The woofers used in these are flat plates rather than cones, and have a large suspension for high travel.

I've been really happy with it. I like flat frequency response across the entire range, though; I'm not a boomity-boomity guy with the bass cranked up way above what it would be, say, in concert. You know, proportionate to the rest of the frequencies.[/QUOTE]

Huh... the 10-inch unit is cheaper than the 8-inch. So far, your set-up is the best executed to me and what I would want it for. I was thinking a sub like yours, 6x9's in the rear corners, kick panel speakers, and maybe an updated speaker in my original location.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sriddle36