Suburban Bucket Seat Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Yes, another bucket seat swap thread...

After passively looking for a nice set of blue buckets to replace the bench in my Suburban for a couple years, I stumbled across some on Craigslist yesterday. So I bought them last night (along with the matching center console). I'm very pleased with my find.

You must be registered for see images attach

I know that I will need to find or make one bracket for each seat to swap these in place of my existing bench seat. I don't plan to wander aimlessly through junkyards looking for a burb that has buckets so I can cut out the factory bracket that is welded to the floor pan. I seem to remember stumbling across a thread some time ago, where someone has posted a simple scaled drawing of the bracket that was needed. I spent some time searching the forum, and couldn't find it. I was wondering if anyone knew where that scaled drawing is, so that I could fab up my own bracket.

Thanks in advance. And another pic because threads are worthless without them...

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Your seats won't work, you need to give them to me.... and I like the color too.

It looks like you have the seat rails on the seats already. You should just be able to drop them in. If the inner rail holes are not there you should just be able to drill the holes in the floor and put in bolts, washers and nuts. (I would suggest using nylock nuts too, self locking nuts)

It's pickup trucks that need the inner mounts from what I remember.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Yes, the rails are there. But my understanding is that there is a bracket welded to the floor of factory bucket-equipped suburbans that the front interior corner of rail bolts to (see pictures below - pictures originally posted by @crazy4offroad and @J Knight in another thread).

I need that bracket, or need to make one for each seat. Shouldn't be hard to make. I was looking to hit the easy button by using the drawing that I remember seeing a while ago for the dimensions and profile, but cant seem to find it now.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Interesting, I pulled the sliders from a 78 crewcab and honestly don't remember seeing those. It was about a year ago so it definitely could have slipped my mind.

I've got a picture of them and I'll post it up when I get home. I could have sworn they bolted to the floor without an inner bracket.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Another pic because threads are worthless without them...

Haha! Lol!
It doesn't matter what you got pics of as long as you put them in the thread...
That's pretty funny!
And true.

Passively is for sure the way to look for stuff like that :imo: , the end result will almost always be better and it appears as-if you did pretty well! Congratulations. That is a BIG DEAL.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those brackets are for sure needed. Unless your Burb actually had buckets to start with and somebody swapped in the bench seat. Which isn't unheard of.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Unfortunately mine is not one of those burbs that had bucket seats that were subsequently swapped for a bench. I am on the hunt for this bracket (I have also seen it referred to as a seat tower or riser as well). Anyone here got a pair of them laying around? Does anyone else remember this elusive drawing that I think I remember seeing??? Or did I just make it up in my head? (Wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me)

...Annnnnnd unrelated video clip to keep this thread interesting.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CookieSoup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
i have an 87 with factory bucket seats let me know if you need pictures/measurements or whatever or the brackets.

Picture to show i can work on things

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Sure! I could use as many detailed measurements as you're willing to provide. If you want to trace that bad boy on paper, make a mold of it, or 3d print me one, that would be great too! I'm joking (kinda). Some photos and some measurements would probably be helpful. But, in all honesty, I'll probably just end up winging it once I take the bench seat out and pull the carpet. Thank you for the offer though.

curbstone mech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
allen
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Sure! I could use as many detailed measurements as you're willing to provide. If you want to trace that bad boy on paper, make a mold of it, or 3d print me one, that would be great too! I'm joking (kinda). Some photos and some measurements would probably be helpful. But, in all honesty, I'll probably just end up winging it once I take the bench seat out and pull the carpet. Thank you for the offer though.

Did you get the measurements? I just pulled a set today and I can take measurements if you're still needing them

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Did you get the measurements? I just pulled a set today and I can take measurements if you're still needing them
I actually bought a set of these brackets already. Thank you though.

curbstone mech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
allen
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
That's great. It was an older thread. I'm gonna take some pics and measurements before I put tem in just in case somebody else needs it. Take it easy.

slimmpd

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
If you don’t mind.
I’m looking to replace the bench in my 86 Surburban with buckets.
Any info on brackets/tower/riser to do the swap would be appreciated.

curbstone mech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
allen
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
If you don’t mind.
I’m looking to replace the bench in my 86 Surburban with buckets.
Any info on brackets/tower/riser to do the swap would be appreciated.
I just saw this the other day and I've been trying to post pics.
I'm techno challenged, so wish me luck

scwaters

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sunny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Shortbed 4x4
Engine Size
On a related subject. Does anyone know if 1976 K 10 came with bucket seats as an option? Sure would like to change my bench out.