Sub Enclosures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YeaImDylan

Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could link me to a sub enclosure that will for sure fit behind my seat in my 86 k25. either a 10" or 12" sub will work.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
:welcome:.....and I have a sub enclosure in my square...behind the seat that has a pair of 12" subs. I built it myself. I had no luck finding a behind the seat enclosure that would accomodate my subs. I took basic measurements of the length, height , width at the top and width of the bottom with the seat adjusted and tilted back towards the window. I went from there with my box build. If you build your own enclosure use mdf board, not plywood! Mdf seals better and although heavier will carry the sound much, much better. Seal all of the seams and joints with silicone or latex caulking. You may want to add a pair of "blow by" holes at the top corner above each sub in the box.. These holes allow ventilation and will als help the sub breathe during operation. If the subs sound better keep the holes, if not plug them. Depending on your amperage (I have 1000watts..) running to my subs, it will hit pretty hard with the enclosure. when my box was complete, I picked up some speaker box fabric and fabric spray adhesive to wrap the box as well. Currently with the setup I have, the back window vibrates fairly violently with the bass along with everythine else at mid volume.

If you had more space, like in a k5
blazer. ..
Ground shaker pbp212.............

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I did the exact same thing in my old 75 square and it came out nice and sounded great.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
It really doesnt take much ro make an enclosure. Often times it is trial and error. I have been building enclosures for years...all different trucks. I really like the bandpass enclosures. ..although I haven't built one of those yet. If I had another k5 or burb, that would be the way that I would go. They hit ....HARD !!

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could link me to a sub enclosure that will for sure fit behind my seat in my 86 k25. either a 10" or 12" sub will work.

I went with this one. You can customize it which is what I did. I had them reduce the depth at the bottom so my seat could go back all the way. I wish I would have had them reduce it a bit more. My seat goes back all the way but when the subs hit hard they hit the back of the seat so I have to push the seat up one notch.

http://subthump.com/Silverado-Sierra-Regular-Cab/8898-GM-Regular-Cab-Box-With-Amp-Space.html

Wyttrash

Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I made one that sits under the passengers side of my bench seat. I used a contour gauge to make a cardboard pattern that followed the contour of the floor, and then cut the four vertical pieces from mdf. Then I used fleece from the fabric store for the top and bottom. Stapled it on and painted it with resin. I used a shallow Pioneer 10” (not sure on the model) and it sounds good enough in my bare bones metal interior. It’s pretty ugly due to my poor woodworking and fibreglass skills but it’s hidden under the seat and I didn’t lose the room behind the seat for my tools, shotgun, and air compressor. If I can do it anyone can.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I went with this one. You can customize it which is what I did. I had them reduce the depth at the bottom so my seat could go back all the way. I wish I would have had them reduce it a bit more. My seat goes back all the way but when the subs hit hard they hit the back of the seat so I have to push the seat up one notch.

http://subthump.com/Silverado-Sierra-Regular-Cab/8898-GM-Regular-Cab-Box-With-Amp-Space.html

Some pics: http://chevy.piratesproductions.com/2016/04/ready-for-tunes.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke