Stripped wheel stud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Need some suggestions guys. Swapping tires on my atv today and found out I have a rear wheel stud just spinning. And it’s on the side with the rear brakes so I can’t get to the back to hold it with anything. Any ideas on how to keep it from spinning so I can get the wheel off?

You must be registered for see images attach

1985c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
You can also try taking off the other 3 nuts and prying the wheel a bit to put tension on the stud and use an impact sometimes it’ll zip it off.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You can also try taking off the other 3 nuts and prying the wheel a bit to put tension on the stud and use an impact sometimes it’ll zip it off.
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot too. It’ll probably be Friday before I have time to mess with it though. Work likes to get in the way.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Well I tried that, unsuccessfully. I ended up removing the whole hub, grinding an X in the back side of the stud, drilling the middle put, chiseling the shoulder pieces off and driving it through with a hammer. Way more effort than it should have been. But I got it back together and got my tractor tires on finally.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rons59