stock 12 bolt shim or crush washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Did stock 12 bolt use a shim or crush washer on the pinion yoke? Trying to figure out what to do regarding driveshaft being a bit too short

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It might depend on the year the 12 bolt diff is from.
For Me, it seems I always get the crush sleeve squished down too far, so then, I add a shim to make up the difference.
If the drive shaft is too short, that has nothing to do with the yoke being a crush sleeve or shims, that has to do with either the differential has shifted back or someone replaced the differential with something that may not have been A1 compatible.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Driveshaft too short because rear end was swapped from 12bolt with 3r style yoke to 1310 style 12 bolt yoke. Thinking of swapping pinion yoke to 3r style as it adds length
It might depend on the year the 12 bolt diff is from.
For Me, it seems I always get the crush sleeve squished down too far, so then, I add a shim to make up the difference.
If the drive shaft is too short, that has nothing to do with the yoke being a crush sleeve or shims, that has to do with either the differential has shifted back or someone replaced the differential with something that may not have been A1 compatible.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Thinking of also doing flip kit in the rear to solve length issue