1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering column wiring

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by hunters628, Nov 27, 2020.

1. hunters628

hunters628 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Hunter
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    I got a deal on a 81-82 tilt column that I just couldn’t pass. Only problem is it’s missing the shifter arm and someone cut the wiring harness off and mounted a under dash ignition. So I’m guessing I need a new ignition which is no big deal. The issue I have is finding the wiring. Never had one of these apart so I’m not sure how it works. It has a turn signal switch with cruise that I would like to keep for when I add it later. Are there any sources for the column harness or will I have to attempt to make a new one

2. Termite_Delight

Termite_Delight Full Access Member

First Name:
    Andy
    Truck Year:
    1976 1985
    Truck Model:
    K2500 C30
    Engine Size:
    350 454
    Pictures? There is no ignition wiring in the column... if wires were cut, they would be for signals, horn, hazards ect.

3. hunters628

hunters628 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Hunter
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    Don’t have a picture at the moment. I can get one when I’m home sunday. The harness that domes out of the column, that has turn horn and all that stuff, is cut off right where it comes out of the column. There are no wires or connectors coming out of the column to connect to the body harness.