Stance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverzdo
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
I was told this had a 2/4 drop. (Springs only on the front) Does that look correct. It sits a little level for my taste.
Not sure if I should drop the front a couple of more inches of raise the back the same 2”

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I think it's great as-is.
Sure looks like a good 2/4 to me....which is common AND cheap AND easy AND good looking AND it can still be a truck.
So many people try real hard to get that look..

Some people go for another 1" in the front, but I prefer the simplicity of 2+4. That other one inch suuuuuuuure can get hard and expensive, fast.

I think what u got is great and if you start messin with it you might screw it all up.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
I was told this had a 2/4 drop. (Springs only on the front) Does that look correct. It sits a little level for my taste.
Not sure if I should drop the front a couple of more inches of raise the back the same 2”

Personally i like dead level or a slight forward rake. Sometimes the rear shackles have more than 1 position maybe you can adjust it there, other options would be an add a leaf or lift blocks/spacers.

Merlin3e9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7L
Your truck looks about level and looks very nice. From what I've read, the wheel arches on these truck mess with your eyes because they're not level. The front arches are taller than the rear, so when your truck is level, the front still looks taller. I usually measure from the body lines.

My truck has 2 1/2" drop spindles in front and 4" drop leaf springs in back. I am also running staggered tires. 255/60 in front and 275/60 in back

I get thrown off because even with this, my truck still looks level.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I think it's great personally. A lot of these trucks look like they're dragging ass whether they're lifted or lowered, and it's pretty gay tbh. From the factory the front looked a little high because the rear wheel arches weren't as high up the body as the front, and when people mess with it they tend to accentuate that for some reason whether they go up or down. Stock they need an add-a-leaf on the rear IMO. When lowering the front should go down a little more than the rear, when lifting the rear should go up a little extra just to make it look normal. I think the fact that your truck looks level is pretty great to me. If anything rake it forward by an inch or two to make it look good

rrent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverzdo
Engine Size
Thanks for the input.
I’ve got a pair of 10” wide and a pair of 8” wide x15” wheels - next up will be fitting tires. Thanks again.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Sounds like a plan, she looks pretty cool.

Maybe you will enjoy this, it's a swell tool !
https://tiresize.com/calculator/

I roll 8s and 10s too, just like you - it suits me fine.

Keep goin like this and you'll have her fixed up - in hardly any time!
:waytogo:

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Your truck looks about level and looks very nice. From what I've read, the wheel arches on these truck mess with your eyes because they're not level. The front arches are taller than the rear, so when your truck is level, the front still looks taller. I usually measure from the body lines.

My truck has 2 1/2" drop spindles in front and 4" drop leaf springs in back. I am also running staggered tires. 255/60 in front and 275/60 in back

Nice looking truck! Love the colors rallies and white letter tires! Stance is good too. Mine is simular but, I think I'm going back to stock height because I have 2 camaro's and the square. With hurricane season here I need something that is not so low to the ground if I have to drive thru some water or something. Lol

275/60/R15 all way round

Rickochet

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It's lookin' good. I like a bit more rake, but that's what makes each truck a one of a kind.
5/7 here with 20" rims.

harryk387

Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Bonanza
Engine Size

Are those 15" wheels? If so, do you/did you have any issues with the lower control arms in the front rubbing on the inner lip of the front wheels? I've heard 15" wheels with 2.5" drop spindles can cause rubbing and clearance issues.

Merlin3e9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7L
Are those 15" wheels? If so, do you/did you have any issues with the lower control arms in the front rubbing on the inner lip of the front wheels? I've heard 15" wheels with 2.5" drop spindles can cause rubbing and clearance issues.
Yes, they are original 15" rally wheels. I've also heard the same thing about the lower control arms. I'd think the factory lower control arms have more of a lip that would rub on the inner wheel.

harryk387

Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Bonanza
Engine Size
Yes, they are original 15" rally wheels. I've also heard the same thing about the lower control arms. I'd think the factory lower control arms have more of a lip that would rub on the inner wheel.
Oh, do you not have the factory lower control arm?

wixthedog

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A 2.5" drop spindle will clear 15" wheels most of the time without any issue. Using the 3" spindle is when most run into issues and have to clearance the LCA.

Of course, aftermarket LCA's are a different animal all together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota