Stalling going uphill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
This is a problem that I thought had been fixed. My K5 started stalling out on steeper hills. I had just rebuilt the carb (1405 EDLEBROCK) and it seemed ok, even on normal hills. Lately, I encountered some steeper hills and the engine stalled out. The carb floats are all set to the correct tolerances. I suspect fuel flow problems. My engine is a 383. My fuel pressure is running about 8 psi and I know the carb wants 5-6. I am going to install a regulator with the hope that will solve the problem. I am also wondering if the fuel pump may not be producing enough flow. It's a standard pump so it's probably only flowing at 40 gph. Maybe a 110gph pump will help. Anybody have suggestions or solved similar problems?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
This is a problem that I thought had been fixed. My K5 started stalling out on steeper hills. I had just rebuilt the carb (1405 EDLEBROCK) and it seemed ok, even on normal hills. Lately, I encountered some steeper hills and the engine stalled out. The carb floats are all set to the correct tolerances. I suspect fuel flow problems. My engine is a 383. My fuel pressure is running about 8 psi and I know the carb wants 5-6. I am going to install a regulator with the hope that will solve the problem. I am also wondering if the fuel pump may not be producing enough flow. It's a standard pump so it's probably only flowing at 40 gph. Maybe a 110gph pump will help. Anybody have suggestions or solved similar problems?
standard should be fine. do you have a return fuel pump? and is it an aftermarket? have you blown the lines out, checked the tank sock?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
weren't the Edelbrocks prone to steep incline issues? I don't know what degree "steep" would be, just something I've read. I'm sure someone knows and can clarify. Who knows...I may be way off in left field lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84