square headlights to circle headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse matlock

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
aright, I have an 84 GMC. it was an ALRO Steel truck. it obviously has the square headlights, and it's a base model so it just two headlights and i never liked the square headlights, I've preferrer the circle headlight trucks. I've looked into converting my truck to a circle headlight truck because my dad had crashed the truck into a pole outside my work 4 days after i got the truck. my question to you guys who have done it, can i replace just my grill headlight buckets and core support without changing my fenders. because the outline of the grill for the 79 and some 80 models are chrome all the way around, just like the square headlight trucks. what are your guys suggestions

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I got a buddy who did the opposite. Its alot of work unfortunately. You basically need a whole front clip.

The tricky part is the hinges. Now going to round might be easier cause they are on the fenders. Going to the square lights the hinges are in the cowl.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Swapping an '81+ truck to a factory round headlight set up will require the whole front clip (core support, fenders, hood, etc).

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Why did you post your street address in your location profile? Only spammers do that but you don’t sound like a spammer.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
FWIW, I regularly see front clips listed on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. for less than $500. Might be worth a look if you're really into the round-eyes.

I really liked the round headlights as well, it's what I grew up with. But I'll say that when I bought my '81, someone had already swapped on a 85-87 grille with the quad headlights. It's really grown on me, and I think it's a handsome design, now.

If you're looking for a visual, LMC has a nice, but basic, picture explanation of the differing parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey