Speedy sleeve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clang16

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Is the apart number for a speedy sleeve for the front pinion I changed the seal but the old one wore a ring around the shaft is there a sleeve for that

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Is the apart number for a speedy sleeve for the front pinion I changed the seal but the old one wore a ring around the shaft is there a sleeve for that
There is pretty much a sleeve for every thing, or at least there use to be. If you try looking it up and can't find one try going in a parts store that has an old guy working at it. If you can measure your pinion with a micrometer that would help, because he may have to get you one by size not application.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
There is pretty much a sleeve for every thing, or at least there use to be. If you try looking it up and can't find one try going in a parts store that has an old guy working at it. If you can measure your pinion with a micrometer that would help, because he may have to get you one by size not application.
Shurley you gest. Haven't seen a good or old counterman in years. I tripped up 2 of them last summer asking for a carb kit and pull-off for a Q jet. Was there for over an hour.

Another place to try is a bearing supply store. Actually, wouldn't spend much time on it. Get a new yoke. With a sleeve it is very easy to fold back the seal and ruin it.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Shurley you gest. Haven't seen a good or old counterman in years. I tripped up 2 of them last summer asking for a carb kit and pull-off for a Q jet. Was there for over an hour.

Another place to try is a bearing supply store. Actually, wouldn't spend much time on it. Get a new yoke. With a sleeve it is very easy to fold back the seal and ruin it.
Ya I know right, it's a long shoot but I figured if Cody already knows a good parts guy he just might not have thought to bring him measurements. Obviously your right a new yoke is the way to go I assumed he might need to save on the expense.

Clang16

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Thanks guys sorry I haven't check this out much it's still leaking not to bad I did just change the seal iv gotten bigger problems now lol I'm leaking engine oil almost everywhere lol changed the pan gasket hoping for the best it's still leaking gonna do the timing cover and hope it stops looks like the oil is coming from behind the Ballencer but it soaked underneath of my truck on a 2 mile drive

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave