Spark plugs for 87 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fredflinstone

Reaction score
First Name
fred
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What are the best and most reliable new spark plug out there for a 1987 350 TBI engine ?

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
stock? DELCO!

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
stock Delco.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
If you want the very best go to AutoZone and get a set of E3 plugs. With E3 plugs, it's critical that they be gapped at .034" - .036". No more and no less. Then you'll want to have a set of indexing washers handy, I prefer the Moroso brand, and install one thin washer on each plug. Finally, toss them all in the trash and go get yourself some AC Delcos.:waytogo:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
If you want the very best go to AutoZone and get a set of E3 plugs. With E3 plugs, it's critical that they be gapped at .034" - .036". No more and no less. Then you'll want to have a set of indexing washers handy, I prefer the Moroso brand, and install one thin washer on each plug. Finally, toss them all in the trash and go get yourself some AC Delcos.:waytogo:
:lol:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Autolites. :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I say AC Delco's for OEM GM Old School V8's.

No Joke though, Back in the day, when me and the street race boys had race motors and wanted them dyno tuned, which we usually did at least once then we'd get a print out of everything that was done to it. Down to the jets in the carb, the springs and how the dizzy was curved and all that good stuff. Once you have that stuff and what the settings are you didn't have to pay again, cuz you could do it yourself, and the jets and springs in the dizzy didn't change. So everytime we did a cam or head change, or a new motor build we'd drop it off at this race dyno tune place after we broke the motor in with a full tank of gas for about 2-3 days. They were good but hey were busy and expensive. You're talking, you'd get it back with no gas and a $300-$350 bill depending on what all they did to it.

But I **** when I seen the Spark Plugs. Motorcraft !!! I was pisssed. Called them back and said HEY WTF??? They laughed at me and said, Hey, settle down !!! What did you pay us for??? Well OK then, Go with it and if you're not happy, I'll put you brand new AC Delco back in on my dime, just do it. Sure enough. Never fouled a fuggin plug and the truck ran fuggin great. Changed them to the same Motorcrafts about every 3-6 months when I'd change my header gaskets.

fredflinstone

Reaction score
First Name
fred
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So, AC delco autolites are the best option. What gap do I set them to ?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So, AC delco autolites are the best option. What gap do I set them to ?

No Autolites I was just joking with the guys, go with the AC Delco. Do you have an emissions label under the hood? It should tell you on there if you do what the gap should be.

Posted on my iPod 4th Gen using PUNCTUATION.

recian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 cheyenne
Engine Size
So I hate to revive older threads but has anyone seen Bosch in these engines? I've been chasing drivability issues and I go pull a plug to get an idea of the IGN system and how the engine is running and there's bosch plugs in the truck!
The plug is a orangish white and not overly worn but I've never seen bosch anything work on a domestic vehicle.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
So I hate to revive older threads but has anyone seen Bosch in these engines? I've been chasing drivability issues and I go pull a plug to get an idea of the IGN system and how the engine is running and there's bosch plugs in the truck!
The plug is a orangish white and not overly worn but I've never seen bosch anything work on a domestic vehicle.

I've never seen Bosch anything work on anything! :rotflmao:

I would replace them with factory Delco plugs, they are pretty cheap.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Cheapes bid is how the MT. D.O.T. purchases parts.
They had a run of them bosch plugs. The 427 Gas dump trucks would get so hot, it would blow the porcelan right off the metal hex head.

recian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 cheyenne
Engine Size
Only AC's the local stores can get are platinums. Hope they work as good as the coppers. Theyre $5.99 a plug but have a $1.50 ea mail in rebate til the end of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84