Spark plug wires management - simple aftermarket solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I am doing my tune up soon, and I am buying new wires. my current ones are a clusterfuck and everything about their management was left to length, get out of my way, or stop touching that manifold. Thus, not very nice.
I dont want to use the OEM clips that would have gone on these valve covers(they broke when i did tune up long ago) since i plan on changing valve covers.
I see a lot online that require allen wrenches or have complicated bracketing to look nice, but frankly I want to go a step above zip tie for easy of removal(push in, pull out), but it doesnt need to be for looks or style, so a step below perfectly routing parrel, routed with the exact length, etc. Just needs to work.

Also, if anyone has examples of any id like to see how yall do it. Im going to try to keep them away from manifolds, and I am confident that wont be too hard

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
There is no need for anything other than zip ties, you've only done it wrong.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Besides, dont you have your own personal junkyard? No offense intended but damn, you'd think at least one of the other 400 cars you own would have something you could use.. :p:p:p

Just sayin?:confused:

You got three minutes. :crazy:
yay learning!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Back when Roadkill was this beautiful thing that didn’t alienate 50% of its audience with a paywall, I learned about the zip tie method. Chrisfix is an excellent channel, but you’ll see below Mike Finnegan doing it, one of two guys that really amplified my interest in this peculiar hobby.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
There's a lot of visual-spatial talent involved in doing a clean and presentable job on this.

I used a set of Moroso standoffs to organize the wiring on the 455 on my Ninety-Eight. It was a pair of standoffs that held four wires each that I was able to use to keep them organized and off the manifolds and valve covers etc.

If I remember, next week I'll try to pop the hood and post a pic if there's anything left of it.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
LS swap.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Boooooooo!

Hisss! :mad:

Thats funny though. They look cool!
Gotta find some way to cover all the plastic and try to make it look cool,-ish, I guess.:shrug:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
There is no need for anything other than zip ties, you've only done it wrong.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Besides, dont you have your own personal junkyard? No offense intended but damn, you'd think at least one of the other 400 cars you own would have something you could use.. :p:p:p

Just sayin?:confused:

You got three minutes. :crazy:
yay learning!
All clips are brittle and break and I'd just assume not bother. I guess zip ties would work ok, would prefer they snap in, but it's cheap and abundant around here. I might consider that. I'll pick up some normal short ones so I'm not cutting off a lot of my curent ones

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I like to make things look nice, so I used a set of Moroso wire holders on my 76, they work alright. I flipped two of them so that the holders are all going in the same direction, the way they show is having them facing each other. This is an old picture but is still the same, although I do have a new set of black Taylor wires that at some point I'll make up for it.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you have a good bit of just use what you have. There cheap enough. Bit of you have to buy more. HF, eBay or Amazon. Even wallmart can be pricy for zip ties.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Id be cautious on HF zip ties around heat, ive noticed over time their zip ties tend to weaken and get brittle quicker, id imagine near exhaust manifolds and engine operating temps that cycling would be short. But its also not like its holding the space shuttle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg