Some Suburbans & Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Here are some vehicles I used to own, some I still have.

The white suburban was purchased by the Rochester, MN Fire Department. Later sold at an auction to the guy that bought it. He then wanted to sell it and I was able to get it. Brought my dad with me to look at it, he crawls under it and said "holy crap"....I thought, **** there goes this deal...

Nope, he said that because it was ordered with a 1 ton axles/suspension under it! We needed an affordable Suburban because we had twin babies on the way and needed room for all 6 of us, no way in hell I was buying a 1/2 ton because we also have a camper, go big or go home....well, this was big.

This has the 3rd row seat, and full center bench, buckets up front. 1996 I believe is the year.

454, 4wd, and could really haul ass....and sucked fuel. Those KC spot lights on the bumper, those are sweet! Man, you could light up the highway forever with them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Later on we came across a newer Suburban, a guy my dad used to work with called him and said he was going to sell it, I was thinking it was a 1/2 ton and was going to buy it for my wife as a daily and keep this big one for pulling the camper. Well, turns out it was a 3/4 ton and we did not need 2 HD suburbans, and my dad loves this white one. I sold him the white one and we bought this 2001.

It has a 6.0 in it, center bench seats (nice to have that aisle in the middle!), and a 3rd row seat. Pulls the camper beautifully.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Then there is my first love, a 99 GMC Sierra Classic, which I soon found sucks to buy parts for because of the 99 GMC classic & new body style. So when ordering parts I soon learned just to say it was a 98!

Here she is all dolled up & rust free with Boyd Coddington custom wheels, stainless trim, nerf bars, steel cowl induction hood. Later on I had the rear window and front side windows tinted on it. I still have this truck today. I purchased it with 65k mileage on it, and today it is almost at 235k.

Here it is next to the Suburban....this picture was taken a year back or so....

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
AND....the classics!!!!!

This is my 51 Ford F-1 truck which is also in the process of another tear down. My dad had this truck when he was younger and drove the crap out of it. Traded it to my uncle for their mom's snowmobile (72 Cat Panther) many ages ago. FINALLY I got it back. I drove the crap out of it for a few years, then decided to slam it and take out the Flathead V8 and put in an Olds 455 Rocket.....this picture was from ages ago, back when "mauve" house color was still in I guess!

The truck is going back to all original. I have Coker wide whites for it (original pizza cutter size 6.00 x 16), putting the original Flatty-8 back in it with the 3 on the tree. It will stay lowered, and it will have a cozy split bench seat. Will be painted the original color of midnight blue.

Here is another truck I built from two trucks. This is also a 51 Ford F-1, her name is Patina. It has an inline-6 Flathead, 3 on the tree. Lowered, and the wide whites are the Coker's I mentioned above. This truck I sold to a guy in Massachusetts years back to help fund buying of more parts for my other 51 shown above. This was also a fun truck. Did not have that beautiful Flathead V8 sound though, but still fun as heck!!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Last is my dads 50 Ford F-1, Flathead V8, 3 on the floor. I found this truck while coming back home one year from the Back To The Fifties car show in St. Paul, MN. It was along HWY 52, so I made a quick u-turn to run back and look it over. I called my dad right away, and that night we went up to pick it up and drive it home.

This picture was taken at my place one day after I got done mowing.....the brakes went out on him when he was visiting one day so he left it at my place. I figured this would be a fun time to take some pictures of it, so I did.

My dad just loves his old Trucks, and especially being a Flathead-8!!! He loves his Flatheads!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I sold him the white one and we bought this 2001. It has a 6.0 in it, center bench seats (nice to have that aisle in the middle!), and a 3rd row seat. Pulls the camper beautifully.

I had an '04 Suburban with an 8.1L. It would pull a house. The one I regret letting go of was my '01 GMC 2500 HD. It too had an 8.1L with an Allison.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I had an '04 Suburban with an 8.1L. It would pull a house. The one I regret letting go of was my '01 GMC 2500 HD. It too had an 8.1L with an Allison.

I did find a few with the 8.1 which would have been awesome, however those particular ones came with a price tag too! I got this '01 for an amazing price, and a 3 ring binder of every service it ever had. Honestly if I was a dink, I could have turned around and made around $4k on it....but I am not like that.

I love those 8.1's!! You're right, they could pull a house!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I did find a few with the 8.1 which would have been awesome, however those particular ones came with a price tag too! I got this '01 for an amazing price, and a 3 ring binder of every service it ever had. Honestly if I was a dink, I could have turned around and made around $4k on it....but I am not like that.

I love those 8.1's!! You're right, they could pull a house!!

It was the same story here. I so badly wanted an 8.1 Suburban, but the prices for nice ones were way up there. We ended up getting an '00 Burb with the 6.0 for a great price. It's been a great purchase and I don't regret it one bit.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I'm shocked at some of the prices recently on 8.1 4x4 2001-06 Suburbans. I would really like to go back to one and get rid of my 2010 Denali XL. This '02 has 127,000 miles and looks immaculate. The asking price is $18,900 and the web page says PENDING! When I bought my Denali 3 years ago I could have picked up a very similar one in the same condition for only $5500. I really miss the pulling power and larger brakes. I've found a couple for $10-12K, but I'm not sure of I want to go 3 states away to look at them.

You must be registered for see images

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I guess they hold their value well! Especially in that kind of condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito