SOB np208 tail shaft housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
well...me being an impatient ******* chipped a small piece off the 208 tail shaft housing while I getting the old seal out. its not big and right on the end. I went ahead and put the new seal in and it doesn't seem to be leaking and honestly I don't see it being an issue. its maybe a 1/8" diameter piece gone. I tried finding one online with no luck.

Does anybody have a junk 208 they would be willing to part me out the tail shaft housing

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
well...me being an impatient ******* chipped a small piece off the 208 tail shaft housing while I getting the old seal out. its not big and right on the end. I went ahead and put the new seal in and it doesn't seem to be leaking and honestly I don't see it being an issue. its maybe a 1/8" diameter piece gone. I tried finding one online with no luck.

Does anybody have a junk 208 they would be willing to part me out the tail shaft housing
Ive got a couple i could pull one apart for ya. How much you looking to spend?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Heres your tail shaft housing.

I think i pulled apart the one tcase i had that i picked up was told it had been rebuilt and never used figures thats the one I pick up from the shed. Darn it! Those gears dont look to have any wear on them from what i can tell. What do you guys think? Maybe @bucket would know or anyone else too

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It does look real good. If you didn't tear the gasket or have some RTV, put it back on and grab the other case. Never know, they both might look just as good.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
It does look real good. If you didn't tear the gasket or have some RTV, put it back on and grab the other case. Never know, they both might look just as good.
It didnt have a gasket just rtv. That was the easy one to get to lol the others are even farther back in the shed. I taped the back of it off the best I could with some wide tape. Hopefully it will be good still if and when i need it.

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
damn man....that just the luck of the drawl isn't it lol. pm sent and all that good stuff. talk to you later today. thanks or pulling that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hugger-4641