Smog Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
Maybe mine is a weird setup but I have a k20 1982 suburban. No egr valve and Im pretty sure the heavy duty (over 6k) trucks didnt have to have one. But, I have the original AIR pump installed and lines to the exhaust too but no cats only the y pipe all original. Ive sense removed the rusted y pipe exhaust and installed the 2-1/4 inch dual setup from lmc truck. Either way if you need pics from my 82 setup ill send them over

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Maybe mine is a weird setup but I have a k20 1982 suburban. No egr valve and Im pretty sure the heavy duty (over 6k) trucks didnt have to have one. But, I have the original AIR pump installed and lines to the exhaust too but no cats only the y pipe all original. Ive sense removed the rusted y pipe exhaust and installed the 2-1/4 inch dual setup from lmc truck. Either way if you need pics from my 82 setup ill send them over
It would be interesting to know for sure. I have an 84 C20 305 that has EGR, AIR PUMP & CAT 8,600 GWRV, I thought that by the early 80's they all got EGR valves, but I could be completely wrong, it seems like there we are few interesting different factory set ups so I have no doubt your truck came that way.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
It would be interesting to know for sure. I have an 84 C20 305 that has EGR, AIR PUMP & CAT 8,600 GWRV, I thought that by the early 80's they all got EGR valves, but I could be completely wrong, it seems like there we are few interesting different factory set ups so I have no doubt your truck came that way.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html here's a link to the GM heritage website there you can down load the options manual for your your truck . In the section after the engines It will show the emissions equipment the factory installed depending on GVWR / engine/ comifornia / fed etc. For the suburban you want to get the truck manual to, it has more info in it.

My 77 heavy 1/2ton with cali smog came with an air pump, but no egr or cat.

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html here's a link to the GM heritage website there you can down load the options manual for your your truck . In the section after the engines It will show the emissions equipment the factory installed depending on GVWR / engine/ comifornia / fed etc. For the suburban you want to get the truck manual to, it has more info in it.

My 77 heavy 1/2ton with cali smog came with an air pump, but no egr or cat.
Thanks, I haven't tried anything from that site because I thought it was 50 dollars and wasn't really interested in knowing much beyond the gear ratio and axles. I can't find the stampings anywhere on either axle where it's supposed to be

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84