Small drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyboy367

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ok so finally getting some time to work on my turd. It's a 86 c20 custom. I have all the measurements down to shorten the frame so I can fit my stepside short box. Most of this truck I'm putting together from assorted parts I had already over the years to make a budget muscle truck. I'm thinking maybe a 2/3 drop just to get it down a little and make it more cornering friendly. If I put the axel over the leaf spring (maybe take a leaf or 2 put dont need the heavy duty set) does it look like I'll need to make a c notch or am I over thinking? Thinking just lowering knuckles for the front.

You must be registered for see images attach

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You won’t have to notch it if you just use lowering shackles. You’ll end up with probably a minimum of 5” drop if you swap the axle to the top of the springs.

Flyboy367

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ok. Yea I'm not looking for a drastic lowering. I call it crossover height. Higher then a car, lower then a truck

Flyboy367

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Would c10 stuff be the same but lighter? It's a cruiser maybe autocross. Dont need it as a heavy duty inwant a good riding suspention

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Would c10 stuff be the same but lighter? It's a cruiser maybe autocross. Dont need it as a heavy duty inwant a good riding suspention
I put the right link in that last post. I'm pretty sure C10 stuff will not work. Different rear ends, different spindles.

Flyboy367

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'll have to look into it. I jumped at a squarebody with a stick and a stepside bed extra for cheap. Didnt look to see what type it was lol. I want a nice ride not stuffer then a teen on prom night

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128