sm465 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I searched for this answer, but didn't find it. I may have overlooked it, and if I did, I apologize. Heres the situation: I just bought a 78 C20. No engine, but has good sheetmetal. I plan to use that to restore my 74 K25. The C20 has a sm465 in it. By a happy coincidence, I also picked up a 75 K20. Body is crap, but the frame and axles are good. My plan is to put the C20 body on the K20 frame and put a flat bed on it. My question is, what do I need to replace to make a transfer case work with the 2wd trans. Can I take the tailshaft housing off and replace it with the transfer case adapter? I plan to run a np205. Or do I need to tear into the transmission and replace the output shaft also? Sorry if this is a foolish question, first time ive ever messed with a manual in one of these trucks.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
you will need to replace the output shaft.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
yea, that's what I figured. never just plug and play with me. thanks for the quick response

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes