@SirRobyn0 Found your next truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Here ya go. Massive tool storage AND a dump bed!

In all fairness I’ve never seen a utility box with a dump box inside it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Radiohead

Reducing tire diameter 1000 revolutions at once
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Too cool for school, that one. It's awesome!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
If that thing was 4x4 I'd drive out there and buy it tomorrow. A 2wd truck is useless to me, but a rust free 3/4 ton work truck is exactly what I'm looking for. I am in the market to replace my rusted out east coast '08 2500 GMC with a Knapheide utility body, the dump bed is even fcuking cooler! That would make hauling firewood and dirt so much easier. And that's literally what I'm prepared to spend because that's about what I'm gonna sell my truck for. The low mileage makes it even sweeter! I'd much rather a square than this newfangled truck I have now. Why oh why did they ever sell 2wd pickup trucks? Otherwise the thing is perfect, but not being 4x4 is a complete deal breaker for me even if it was only 3 grand, what can I do with that?

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Heh, like I'm honestly upset right now. That truck would be PERFECT for me if it wasn't a damn 2wd cripple. Back in the day, I'm pretty sure nobody would buy a horse with a broken leg. Even down south or out west, you mean to tell me you never leave the pavement? I've gotten 4wd trucks with A/Ts om them stuck in my back lawn before after some rain. A 2wd truck would probably get stuck on a dry gravel road. Not even driving in the snow or going 4 wheeling, part of hauling heavy loads is you need traction. Having a 2wd truck ensures you will never have traction on anything other than the most perfectly paved road, at that point why have a 3/4 ton? Sure for towing it's great, but what happens if you need to dump that heavy load near the basement door instead of the driveway?

A damn shame.

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@GritDog
Got a link for that one?
Like to see the other pics for it

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Heh, like I'm honestly upset right now. That truck would be PERFECT for me if it wasn't a damn 2wd cripple. Back in the day, I'm pretty sure nobody would buy a horse with a broken leg. Even down south or out west, you mean to tell me you never leave the pavement? I've gotten 4wd trucks with A/Ts om them stuck in my back lawn before after some rain. A 2wd truck would probably get stuck on a dry gravel road. Not even driving in the snow or going 4 wheeling, part of hauling heavy loads is you need traction. Having a 2wd truck ensures you will never have traction on anything other than the most perfectly paved road, at that point why have a 3/4 ton? Sure for towing it's great, but what happens if you need to dump that heavy load near the basement door instead of the driveway?

A damn shame.
Ive always thought the same thing until ive only owned 2wd trucks for the last like 12 years.... i still want a 4wd but im ok with buyin a 2 wheeler.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

A damn shame.
Well, there’s about 169 decent squarebodys on CL in WA/OR. And a lot of 4wds.
I think the guy is way overpriced for anyone except that one guy who wants an actual work truck that is old.
Simple solution. Cheap Old school tow bars or a Uhaul dolly work with squares.
Buy a 2wd AND a 4wd. Swap beds when you get home slap some white paint on the fleet side bed since that truck is obviously repainted and sell a clean 2wd square and have a 4x4 service body dump truck when you’re done!
Bonus if they both run decent you can always swap tow trucks if one blows up in S Dakota!

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
If that thing was 4x4 I'd drive out there and buy it tomorrow. A 2wd truck is useless to me, but a rust free 3/4 ton work truck is exactly what I'm looking for. I am in the market to replace my rusted out east coast '08 2500 GMC with a Knapheide utility body, the dump bed is even fcuking cooler! That would make hauling firewood and dirt so much easier. And that's literally what I'm prepared to spend because that's about what I'm gonna sell my truck for. The low mileage makes it even sweeter! I'd much rather a square than this newfangled truck I have now. Why oh why did they ever sell 2wd pickup trucks? Otherwise the thing is perfect, but not being 4x4 is a complete deal breaker for me even if it was only 3 grand, what can I do with that?
In the 1960's there were very few 4 wheel drive trucks. People still moved around, snow chains. Yes, 35 MPH max but still mobile. Maybe one in a hundred trucks 4 wheel drive in the 1950's.

You could still buy that service/dump truck and convert to 4 wheel drive. Square body trucks were the last design that was easy to make 4 wheel drive. Living in New Hampshire I'll bet one of your neighbors has a rusted 4 wheel drive sitting waiting for you to drag it away.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
In the 1960's there were very few 4 wheel drive trucks. People still moved around, snow chains. Yes, 35 MPH max but still mobile. Maybe one in a hundred trucks 4 wheel drive in the 1950's.

You could still buy that service/dump truck and convert to 4 wheel drive. Square body trucks were the last design that was easy to make 4 wheel drive. Living in New Hampshire I'll bet one of your neighbors has a rusted 4 wheel drive sitting waiting for you to drag it away.
Hah, their carcasses are all over the place, but people think that their rusted out pile of junk is worth a million dollars because "it's a classic, I know what I got, have you seen what these squarebodies go for nowadays?"... lol.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hah, their carcasses are all over the place, but people think that their rusted out pile of junk is worth a million dollars because "it's a classic, I know what I got, have you seen what these squarebodies go for nowadays?"... lol.
Especially over here in our area!!!

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

You are talking to the wrong person. Wait until the husband is gone and ask the wife. She'll give you the keys and thank you for dragging it away.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size

50's and 60's hell I'm from a swamp and we didn't have any in the 80's and got around. Was prob 16 when one of the old men that raised me and I got slipped down, we dug and shoved limbs and what not until we had it sufficiently stuck. I asked ole Glenn how come he didn't have a 4 wheel drive he answered "well we would be twice as stuck and YOU would have twice as far to walk to get the tractor"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128