Show me your “fangs”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’d like to get some detailed pictures of how people have cut the front of the front fender wheel opening to clear 35” or larger tires. I plan on getting a set of aftermarket fenders to cut so the truck can be reverted to stock original sheet metal if wanted.

Thanks in advance.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I've always trimmed near where the trim screw is (red circle) and run back at a diagonal to where the inner fender intersects the bottom of the fender. I added the yellow line for the cut on the front of the fender since I couldn't find a better picture. I follow the front line of the fender down and cut the corner off. I know you don't have trim, but if someone here does, I then move the last screw to retain the bottom of the trim.

If you want to get crazy there's always photo #2, but you can't go back to stock. I used these on my K5 since it let me cut the rust out of the bottom of the rear fenders.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406