Should I replace the receiver drier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
So I started rebuilding my A/C about 3 years ago, but when I went to have a new compressor installed it ended up being seized. I never got back around to finishing the job. At the time I installed a new receiver drier and expansion valve thingie (the little plastic screen/stick that goes in the line) along with all new o-rings.

I'd like to go ahead and finish the job, should I replace the drier (or anything else) again? I taped/zip tied plastic bags over the open lines (where they would connect to the compressor) to keep junk out.

Is the drier still good or should it be replaced again? I don't want to over-spend on the job, but then again I don't want to have to go through this again.

Thanks!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Replace the drier. Unless it was maintained under vacuum or gas pressure it is likely saturated. I have stored a good dryer before filling with a bit of gas and capping

Last edited:

Colin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
350 cu. in.
Many compressor warranty's require a new dryer/accumulator & orifice tube each time in order to be valid.
They're pretty cheap... less than $20.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Replace the drier.

Forum statistics