Selling a work truck, van, 2 motorcycles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I’m listing these for my father in law. They belong to him, he has the final say on the price. He also has no clue about vehicles so he’s kind of on his own level. With that said, We have a few vehicles for sale. Ask me any questions, I will be 100% honest. It’s no big deal to me if they sell or not, but I do get a percentage of the final price. Now with that said, here’s what we have.
First is a 2001 Chevy Astro van. Bought from the local Pepsi place, I’m sure it was well maintained. It was never even registered to my father in law because some wignut lost the key. It has been sitting a long time, 10 plus years. I am currently trying to get it running but keep that in mind. It has 186k miles on it. 4.3 vortec v6, has air conditioning. Automatic transmission. It’s 2wd, NOT awd as some were. I now have had a key cut for it. It turns over and wants to fire, but the battery is really too weak. I’m going over Friday with some starting fluid to see what happens. Tires are rotten from sitting, yes it’s nasty from sitting under a tree. If I can get it running I’ll bring it home and wash it. It’s actually in very good condition as far as the body and interior go. I’ll get some interior pics, I didn’t have the key on me today. All glass is good and it is complete except for the gas cap. He wants 2k for it but that may be negotiable if I can’t get it running.

You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Up next is a 1988 Chevy 6 lug 2500. Has been sitting 10 plus years. Has the 5.0 with automatic transmission, I’m assuming the 700R4. About 126k miles. Transmission may have been slipping in reverse when parked, that information is iffy. I’m also trying to get this one running. Cheyenne package, manual windows and locks, no ac. Rubber floor. Good candidate for a regular pickup bed and go pound around in it. I’d like to keep it and do that but I just don’t need it.glass is good, except some dingus busted the windshield. 1000 may be negotiable. He may want more if I can get it running and cleaned up.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Next is a 1995 Harley Davidson sportster deluxe. Last ran probably 5 years ago, will need some work. Tires are dry rotted. Tank reeks of old fuel. But it has custom paint and lots of chrome. He’s convinced it’s worth 5,000, but he may take less with a cash offer.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Last is a 2005 Honda shadow. I had this bike running last summer, all it needed was a good battery and fuel and it started right up. Hauled it here and it has sat with a sign on it since. Should still start with a fresh battery. Is in good shape overall, just a small bit of rust on the rack on one of the saddle bags. I think he wants 3,000 for this one.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
That’s what we have guys, let me know if you want any additional pics. Again these belong to my father in law so he has final say on any sales. Ask me anything, I’ll tell you the truth. I’m not here to make enemies over this stuff.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That 88 would be a cool truck. I'd keep that service body on it to store my crap...I mean tools in. I don't need another truck and I probably am no where near you.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That 88 would be a cool truck. I'd keep that service body on it to store my crap...I mean tools in. I don't need another truck and I probably am no where near you.

You are plenty close enough. I went farther for less :)

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Messed with that van a bit today. Put the battery in out of my truck and it’ll turn over but I couldn’t get it to fire, even in starter fluid. I put 3 gallons of fresh gas in and the needle is still on empty. I’m thinking that the pickup and float are probably gummed up, as is the rest of the file system. Still doesn’t explain why it doesn’t fire on fluid. I checked all fuses and everything looks good. Any suggestions? I’m not much on fuel injected vehicles.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wife would kill me if I bought that!!

Forum statistics

Threads