Security Systems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Hi Guys... Not sure if this is the correct place to post this... but Looking into getting a security system for my truck after its restored, I've seen posts upon posts on FB about guys getting their Restored Trucks getting stolen... my guess chop shops and I haven't seen many of them Finding their trucks Maybe 1-2 posts.

I don't want that happening to mine, Have over $600 In NOS Cab parts already Not to mention the 3 yrs finding correct year motor parts (6.2L Diesel)+ 2 yrs on the cab its self.

What do you guys have or Suggest? I think $300 would be my max.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Hi Guys... Not sure if this is the correct place to post this... but Looking into getting a security system for my truck after its restored, I've seen posts upon posts on FB about guys getting their Restored Trucks getting stolen... my guess chop shops and I haven't seen many of them Finding their trucks Maybe 1-2 posts.

I don't want that happening to mine, Have over $600 In NOS Cab parts already Not to mention the 3 yrs finding correct year motor parts (6.2L Diesel)+ 2 yrs on the cab its self.

What do you guys have or Suggest? I think $300 would be my max.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I like the James Bond type that explodes...

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
I like the James Bond type that explodes...
Yeah... That's outta the question, My Goal is to be buried with my truck in an underground Sealed & Locked Container.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
If a thief wants your truck, he will probably get it. The key is making it as difficult as possible to steal. My suggestions? Park it where it’s safe. Add a ignition kill switch somewhere out of sight. If your runnin am electric fuel pump, put one on the pump as well. If your trick has the mushroom head pulls for the door locks, replace them with ones you can’t use a coat hanger to slip in the door to pull up. Anything to slow or discourage someone from driving away.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
If a thief wants your truck, he will probably get it. The key is making it as difficult as possible to steal. My suggestions? Park it where it’s safe. Add a ignition kill switch somewhere out of sight. If your runnin am electric fuel pump, put one on the pump as well. If your trick has the mushroom head pulls for the door locks, replace them with ones you can’t use a coat hanger to slip in the door to pull up. Anything to slow or discourage someone from driving away.

^This you have to do it in layers just like anything else... items mentioned above, hidden kill switch, park under street lights near somewhere that has cameras, steering wheel club can help, alarm, if you have power windows make sure they dont work when the car is off, same with locks. Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee it cant be stolen..they are stealing tow pigs,with the trailer and the peoples cars in the trailers to get them, or pulling their cars on tow trucks/trailers.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A hidden starter switch is what I use

It’s inline with the key starter on the column

You have to do both at the same time to run the starter

It’s hidden near the seat belt anchor
Someone sitting in the passenger seat won’t even see it

There are lots of gps cell phone trackers available now

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Wow, I had no idea these old dogs were worth so much trouble. But if there's a hot market for factory tin I guess it's supply and demand.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Wow, I had no idea these old dogs were worth so much trouble. But if there's a hot market for factory tin I guess it's supply and demand.

its not just these trucks, its any classic that you put money into. they take them joy riding tear them up take the parts they want and leave the shell on the side of the road. all the more reason to wish shiftpro's suggestion was legal, it would help thin out the thieves since cops usually cant do anything about it.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L

Mines pretty much getting restored to 100% Bone stock. Minus Custom Exhaust, So no Electric Fuel pump... Mechanical it is. Besides I don't think I'll have to worry at all when I live on 160 Aces but It's just in town/city i'm worried about.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Mines pretty much getting restored to 100% Bone stock. Minus Custom Exhaust, So no Electric Fuel pump... Mechanical it is. Besides I don't think I'll have to worry at all when I live on 160 Aces but It's just in town/city i'm worried about.

Make it a 3 on the tree... no car thief will know how to steal it.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Make it a 3 on the tree... no car thief will know how to steal it.

I got too much into this truck already, Would Ruin it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey