seat swapping?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
What seats are you guys swapping out your stockers for? I want to find something that will look stock but reclines and has some lumbar support for my 83 k5... What would you guys suggest?

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
i was thinking like 70's camaro seats or something along those lines...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i was thinking like 70's camaro seats or something along those lines...

You can bolt those right in, if you use the seat mounts and tracks from an '86-'91 K5 Blazer. You will just need to drill a few holes in the floor and bolt the mounts in with grade 8 bolts and large washers under the floor pan.

Your options are wide open when using the '86 and later mounts. '82-'02 Camaro/Firebird, Cavi/Sunbird/Sunfire, '82-'94 S-10/Blazer, 80's Monte SS, Celebrity/6000/Ciera/Century... and I'm sure the list keeps going.

What condition/color are your stock seats?

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Do the '86-later Blazer seats have different brackets & bolt locations than the pickups?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I had Subaru buckets in my truck for a while, on a home made mount. Actually I was considering putting them back in but the mount would need some re-working, it made the seats sit a couple inches too high for me, I always felt like a wrong bounce and I would be bashing my head on the roof.

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
Ima steal the leather buckets outta my old mans. 02 suburban lol, I'd love to actually find a set or two and with the center consoles to put in the 3+3 heated leather sure is nice on the winters up here lmao

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Old77 and myself have seats from 2000ish chevy trucks..and my buddy has them in his 74 blazer. Mine are mounted on the stock bench seat bracket old77 are custom installed. My buddy just had to drill some new mounting holes in his blazer to mount them

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do the '86-later Blazer seats have different brackets & bolt locations than the pickups?

i think all the blazers have diff mounting holes than the trucks the floor is different..trucks have a higher floor all the way across

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
i think all the blazers have diff mounting holes than the trucks the floor is different..trucks have a higher floor all the way across

So how do the 2000-style seats compare to the stock bench as far as headroom & legroom? Do they sit higher or lower? Go back just as far as the bench?

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
well mine sit about 1 inch higher that the bench and they go back far enough for me im 6'2" i have plenty of room..now Old77 did his by lowering the floor so his sit lower than mine do. and in the blazer they sit just about the same as the stock seats do. The only thing with putting them in a Blazer is they dont lean forward as far as the stock seat do so a lil bit harder to get in the back.
Old77 chim in any time man

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Yep.

All year Blazers have their own seat mounts because they have a flat floor. '73-'77 had one design with a passenger seat that is hinged and the whole seat tips forward. '78-'85 are basically the same, but the passenger seat latches to the floor in a different manner. All '73-'85 K5 buckets share the same bolt pattern and will bolt to the rare pickup bucket seat mounts (driver side was adjustable, passenger side was stationary). '86-'91 K5's had a new seat mounting system, and the seats themselves shared the same bolt pattern with many other GM bucket seats.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Good info, Bucket! Thanks!

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
seats are black with the red lnsert, but the driver side is cracking bad... i like em, just wish i had tilt and some lumbar adjustment... i want to keep the older look since in trying to keep everything pretty close to original looking

coreys87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
Old77 and myself have seats from 2000ish chevy trucks..and my buddy has them in his 74 blazer. Mine are mounted on the stock bench seat bracket old77 are custom installed. My buddy just had to drill some new mounting holes in his blazer to mount them

so you were able to just put the seat on the original track in your truck? im looking to do the same thing in my 87

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
I put '04 Silverado seats in my K5. This is an older picture right after I put them in (i.e. door panels and interior are black/grey now).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey