SEAT SPRING REPAIR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
Anyone repaired their own springs in the bench bottom? I picked up an 86 K-10 with about 25 busted wires in the seat spring/bottom. The seat foam doesn't look too bad nor does the cover. Was thinking I could get some wire mesh and build my own. Then just put it all back together with some new hog rings.

Any thoughts?????

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Anyone repaired their own springs in the bench bottom? I picked up an 86 K-10 with about 25 busted wires in the seat spring/bottom. The seat foam doesn't look too bad nor does the cover. Was thinking I could get some wire mesh and build my own. Then just put it all back together with some new hog rings.

Any thoughts?????

As original, the wires that run fore & aft were only twisted at the ends - no hog rings on them:

You must be registered for see images attach

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
As original, the wires that run fore & aft were only twisted at the ends - no hog rings on them[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant take the hog rings off the cover and remove it and the foam. I was wondering what if anything anyone has used to repair the horizontal and vertical wire grid that sets inside the coil springs holding up the foam.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had some broken on 94 truck, replaced with wire and added foam. Been fine for over a year so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell