Seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Lindsey

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A previous owner replaced the bench seat in my 86, it is missing the seat back tilt and latch mechanism. I cannot find anything or any site that shows what the part(s) look like. Can anyone out there provide good photos of this latch assembly? If I can see it, I can fabricate something to work.
Thanks in advance.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
What year truck is the replacement seat out of?

Probably doesn't have any. My 84 doesn't have a seat back latch, just push the seat forward.

In earlier years there was a lever to fold the seat forward but I'm not sure when that stopped. Maybe just the round eye years had the lever?

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A previous owner replaced the bench seat in my 86, it is missing the seat back tilt and latch mechanism. I cannot find anything or any site that shows what the part(s) look like. Can anyone out there provide good photos of this latch assembly? If I can see it, I can fabricate something to work.
Thanks in advance.
I will have a latch mechanism later , you want have to fab one I will gladly give you as I am removing a seat and replacing it , my passenger hinge part is rusted out . Latch mechanism is fine . How long until you need it ?

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What year truck is the replacement seat out of?

Probably doesn't have any. My 84 doesn't have a seat back latch, just push the seat forward.

In earlier years there was a lever to fold the seat forward but I'm not sure when that stopped. Maybe just the round eye years had the lever?
My seat is in a 85 my others replacement seat is from a 86 . Both are the same . My foam and seat looks good for original, however there door window was slightly down and sat for years and rotted the passenger side swivel bracket or folding arm .

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
My seat is in a 85 my others replacement seat is from a 86 . Both are the same . My foam and seat looks good for original, however there door window was slightly down and sat for years and rotted the passenger side swivel bracket or folding arm .
We're not talking about the same things then. I was under the impression the op had an older seat (with the fold down latch) swapped in and was looking for the latches. Or a diagram so he could make a missing piece.

I dunno:33:

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
We're not talking about the same things then. I was under the impression the op had an older seat (with the fold down latch) swapped in and was looking for the latches. Or a diagram so he could make a missing piece.

I dunno:33:
Ye not sure now lol , I will post a pic after I get home from work , so then maybe he will see it after while,

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Ye not sure now lol , I will post a pic after I get home from work , so then maybe he will see it after while,
Well, we'll get to the bottom eventually/hopefully I guess.

Hey btw. Did just the seat hinge rust out or did you have door and cab rot from that open window?

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, we'll get to the bottom eventually/hopefully I guess.

Hey btw. Did just the seat hinge rust out or did you have door and cab rot from that open window?
I don’t know why just the seat hinge rotted out , unless they had a rag or something there holding moisture, surprisingly no it didn’t rot the floor or door , lucky there for sure , it’s weird I know

Waylon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
85 GMC passenger side

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not sure if my passenger side looks like that , I am sure it probably does . To be honest I’ve never looked at it that close .

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My original... red seat doesn’t have that bracket with the detents , the blue one does not sure why , year difference maybe I thought they had a spring lever on the driver side , I was wrong

andym22

Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
I replaced the seat in my 77 that had the latch with a new style 85 with no latch. After some research the new style seat did not come with latch but it does have a safety feature built in when you stop short there is a mechanism that swings forward and locks the seat back. If you have the seat out of the truck and tilt it forward you can see the mechanism in action.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey