Seat Cover is Next

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGustin

Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
ProCharged 427 BBC
My 87 Square Body should be coming home from the fabricator this week or next. I got the roll cage in, all new independent front end with coilovers and rack and pinion steering, tilt steering column, and the bed fab'd to cover everything up. Next up will be some of the interior work, just doing a seat cover now until the bank gets some more funds in it so I can have the bench seat reupholstered and cover the door panels I picked up to match. The fab work went a little higher than I had budgeted for so for now I am just going to stuff a towel in the cushion and throw on a cheap seat cover. I found the bench seat at a junk yard so its not pretty...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

LGustin

Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
ProCharged 427 BBC
For a cheap seat cover to throw on this ugly bench until I can get it reupholstered is a one piece cover better than the two piece covers? I need something that will stay put and not slide around.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Seat covers for bench seats are getting hard to come by. Gone are the days when every parts store had a dozen options in all colors and styles. I'm looking for a decent option myself, and have yet to find one. At least without spending $200 on a custom fit job.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
For a cheap seat cover to throw on this ugly bench until I can get it reupholstered is a one piece cover better than the two piece covers? I need something that will stay put and not slide around.
Most of the one piece ones don't have holes for the seat belts. I've heard a lot of people complain that they fray real bad when you cut them. My son just picked up an old saddle blanket style for me, but I haven't got it from him yet to install it.

LGustin

Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
ProCharged 427 BBC
Seat covers for bench seats are getting hard to come by. Gone are the days when every parts store had a dozen options in all colors and styles. I'm looking for a decent option myself, and have yet to find one. At least without spending $200 on a custom fit job.

Right now a $200 cover is not in the cards. I was looking at the options available on Amazon and narrowed it down to a couple. The one piece I was thinking would be a better fit than the 2 piece but as mentioned below the seat belt thing does cause concern. The 2 piece ones are a little cheaper if I recall, that will be the route I go since it is more of temporary thing till I can get it reupholstered.

Most of the one piece ones don't have holes for the seat belts. I've heard a lot of people complain that they fray real bad when you cut them. My son just picked up an old saddle blanket style for me, but I haven't got it from him yet to install it.

Yes I thought about seat belts. I have some big wide belts in my truck so you helped me make up my mind. I will verify my seat dimensions and order one of the 2 piece covers. THANKS!!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I have some big wide belts in my truck THANKS!!

I noticed . They're very cool. Brings back memories when I ran them at 19 yrs old in my '78. As long as the stupid passengers don't let them fall outside...

LGustin

Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
ProCharged 427 BBC
I noticed . They're very cool. Brings back memories when I ran them at 19 yrs old in my '78. As long as the stupid passengers don't let them fall outside...

The wife did not want the full race harness so these were a compromise. If we race it very much I will need to get the harness at least for the driver side.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
WHERE ARE THE ENGINE PICS?!?!?!

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
If you're planning on racing it, why not install buckets instead?

LGustin

Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
ProCharged 427 BBC
Sleeper..... buckets mean race car, bench not so much and a bench is better for dates..... LMMFAO

That and my wife. Truck had short buckets in it when we got it. Wife was always hitting head on the back window when we took off and said if she was going to ride it she wanted a bench seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8