Seat Belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareKing

Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
1977. Bench seat.

I am looking for the OE style three point. Bought a set but they only have one recoil area where the one I have has two. Any suggestions.

mine are red and faded. Does anyone refurb them?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I bought a full set for my ‘75, and I think I got them from LMC truck. However, they don’t have a GM logo on the buckle, and there is no plastic reinforcement around the belt where it comes up between the seat cushion and seat back.

I didn’t think the reinforcement was a problem until I found they had extended the fixed belt length to ensure the belt wouldn’t drop down into the seat. When you fasten the belt it puts the buckle about six inches away from the seat. It doesn’t look quite right, and you can’t really pull the lap belt down tight without the buckle ending up at your belly button and the shoulder belt coming off at an angle. It works, but could be better designed.

Bruce

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
All new seatbelts come with a single retractor on the bottom. Places like seat belt planet include the plastic sleeve and can have a gm logo. I had them make belts with specific length to ensure correct fit for the middle seat in a suburban

Reactions: CRM

SquareKing

Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok. I guess I will have to go w what I ordered from Ecklers...the recoil down by your waist will look different....just a metal piece...I just don’t think it will look right

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I ordered a set from summit racing that was pretty similar to the factory belts the truck came with.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@SquareKing,

Have you ever tried washing the belts. Do it on a warm sunny day. Get up a bucket of hot soapy water, I use Dawn dish soap. Lay them out on the drive way or any flat spot. Oh yeah, like, take them out of the truck first. Then give them a good scrub with a brush, both sides. Rinse them good and hang them up to dry in the sun. You'd be surprised how nice they come out. A lot of that white look is dust and just filth. The color comes back and they come back pliable and soft again. If you've not ever washed your belts you'll be surprised. They will slide right through your buckles again like new and everything. Whenever mine start looking white and become stiff where I have trouble getting them through the buckle I know it's time to wash them.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@SquareKing,

Have you ever tried washing the belts. Do it on a warm sunny day. Get up a bucket of hot soapy water, I use Dawn dish soap. Lay them out on the drive way or any flat spot. Oh yeah, like, take them out of the truck first. Then give them a good scrub with a brush, both sides. Rinse them good and hang them up to dry in the sun. You'd be surprised how nice they come out. A lot of that white look is dust and just filth. The color comes back and they come back pliable and soft again. If you've not ever washed your belts you'll be surprised. They will slide right through your buckles again like new and everything. Whenever mine start looking white and become stiff where I have trouble getting them through the buckle I know it's time to wash them.
Wish mine only needed cleaning.Mine are red,badly faded and so stiff and frayed/ rotted that I'm afraid in a crash I'd tear right thru them.But 40 year old belts aint a good thing.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I know the issue about seat belts.Bought some from classic industries.

everything was there,but they just don’t replace like the originals.Don’t retract strong enough,don’t have the cover.Hell,my 37 year old belts are better.Scoured the web looking for quality belts.

Let everyone know what you find

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
CJ Pony Parts sells good ones, their retractors are covered. And you can add the GM logo to the buckle. I believe they’re manufactured by Seatbelt Solutions
You must be registered for see images attach

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
1977. Bench seat.

I am looking for the OE style three point. Bought a set but they only have one recoil area where the one I have has two. Any suggestions.

mine are red and faded. Does anyone refurb them?
A GMSB member recently posted a link to a guy who restores original Seatbelts, Seems like he does excellent work. I’ve searched here but can’t find the link or the post. Maybe someone else can find it ? He advertises on Facebook.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There is/was a company called SnakeOyl that seemed to do a spectacular job restoring seatbelts. Expensive of course, but super nice work.

Danderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A GMSB member recently posted a link to a guy who restores original Seatbelts, Seems like he does excellent work. I’ve searched here but can’t find the link or the post. Maybe someone else can find it ? He advertises on Facebook.
I think it was me that posted that. Here's the link to their Facebook page. They did a set of seatbelts for me and they came out great. Highly recommend!

https://www.facebook.com/73-87-ChevyGMC-Truck-Seat-Restorations-2059439407476735/

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have some pretty decent tan ones that need to be charcoal. Doesn't sound like he changes colors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg