SBC oil galley plug behind drivers rear head leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I haven't seen this happen a lot at all but I have seen it before, but can't remember ever seeing a post about it so I thought I'd bring it up as something to keep in mind when looking for a mystery oil leak. This is a threaded plug that threads down into the block, on the sloped part of the block to the driver side of the oil pressure port. The cylinder head does not seal over it, but about half of the plug is covered over by the head. It's about impossible to see without a mirror, and can't be resealed without removing the driver side cylinder head. This is on a 77 C20 350, that came into the shop, the sad part of the story is he just had the engine rebuilt before he moved up here, less than 2,000 miles on it. This is a pressurized galley plug so it has the potential to gush oil. In his case it looked like they failed to tighten it up all the way so it back out. Lucky it hit the head before it could back all the way out.

Red arrow is where to oil pressure sending unit goes and I'm point that out for reference only.

Yellow arrow is the galley plug I talking about.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave