Saddle Leather Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
The seat in my yellow truck has seen better days.
You must be registered for see images attach

When I bought the truck it was pretty much mint, but that following winter it started to crack up pretty bad around where I sat.

I tried to patch it, but that ended up looking like ****.

I have only seen an image of one other truck with this sort of embossed design on its seat.

How would I go about reupholstering it?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think I have that same design on mine? Honestly not sure. I put a cover on mine to protect it shortly after I got it....like 15 years ago. Have not had the cover off since then.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The upholstery is stretched over the frame/padding, and held on with hog rings. If the springs and padding are in good shape, you can get new upholstry to replace yours from seveal sources. LMC has kits starting at a couple hundred bucks. You will have to do some searching to fin the embossed style and it will probably be quite a bit more than a basic style.

If you have sewing skills and a heavy duty machine, you could use the old upholstry as a pattern and sew your own.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
The upholstery is stretched over the frame/padding, and held on with hog rings. If the springs and padding are in good shape, you can get new upholstry to replace yours from seveal sources. LMC has kits starting at a couple hundred bucks. You will have to do some searching to fin the embossed style and it will probably be quite a bit more than a basic style.

If you have sewing skills and a heavy duty machine, you could use the old upholstry as a pattern and sew your own.

I was thinking more of cutting out the bad section and sewing some non embossed material in its place. I pretty much want to keep at least this part somewhat original. The most I have ever delved into upholstery it recovering my grandmothers golf cart seat with some cheap vinyl and a staple gun, so I don't really know where to start.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You could try sewing it in place, or clip the hog rings and pull the upholstry off so you have more flexibility. I think Harbor Freight (and I am sure several other places) sell hog ring kits to put it back on with.

If you want to sew it with a machine, it will have to be a heavy duty one. I have never tried fixing a seat, but have thought about trying to make covers for my CUCV. You can get basic vinyl at WalMart and most fabric stores as well as online.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128