Rusty hood fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
okay here I go again, got my 85 Silverado running great now to body work, my hood is solid but covered in rust and the rest of the trucks clear coat is pealing. I’m not looking for a show truck (would if I could ) but just want to make it look a little better. I have been reading about all types of ways to remove rust but what actually works? I would be happy to clean it up and rattle can some flat black or something to keep the rust away. Thanks for the help.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Here is a couple pictures

You must be registered for see images attach

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Okay I ran a wire brush on my grinder and got it smoothed out a bit and put 2 cans of flat black on it, it looks good if you don’t get too close will work for now

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I would have taped everything off, sanded it down really good (they now sell sandpaper assortments that go from coarse to fine/wet), rattle can color matched it, rattle can clear coated it, and wet sanded it. And “whoomp, there it is” as the young people say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1