Rough idle after fuel mishaps…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmand

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Hey all, 1979 Suburban 454. Previously ran fine, new plugs, wires, set timing to 8 (with advance plugged off). Having problems with the fuel gauge, and after taking a quick run last weekend I ran it out of fuel. Registered 1/2 but up a hill chugged a bit and hesitated then - got to the gas station and died in the lot. Fresh fuel, took a bit of priming to get going but now she idles ROUGH. Checked/replaced inline fuel filter - carb filter was clean also, replaced a couple rubber lines and still no change.

Check FP but my gauge starts at 10psi (these are in the 5-7 range?). Fuel pulls from a jerry can but rough idle remains. I think im getting to FP as issue. But dont understand how it works, does a mech FP wear out? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The best I remember,5-7 psi sounds about right. You might want to take a look at the sock or fuel strainer on the pick up tube in the tank. You could blow the line out (use very low air pressure) from the pump back to the tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DENREXX169