Fellow enthusiasts! I present to you my Suburban tow rig. I've only had it a few days now and making this my daily driver/tow rig for both my '75 K15 wheeler and my project pro touring vehicle (1970 El Camino). For starters I bought this sight unseen from a dealer in Oregon, who received it from someone in Washington. Looked good in the pics and looks decent in person as well but has a few minor details that need to be worked out. Upon receipt of the truck it started right up and ran like a champ. Needs a bath though. It's a 1978 Suburban K10 Scottsdale. Supposedly the previous owner bought it in 1985 and had the 350 rebuilt in 2000, then only used the truck to tow his boat back and forth to the lake. Like most half tons also has a TH350 and NP203, 12 bolt rear and 10 bolt front. Reupholstered seats, good-looking interior. Here are some pics. Three days of driving I've found a few issues. The first I was hoping wouldn't be the case but the 31" tires are dry rotted on the sidewall right around the rim, too bad because they have a lot of tread left, so I swapped the 33" tires from the wheeler project. I also removed the side steps because they only had one attachment point to the frame and were zip screwed to the rocker lip. I think it looks better, it makes the truck look meaner. Not a big issue but I want to get the A/C running, the compressor and evap are both disconnected, but that's a project for before next summer. The truck also needs weatherstrip everywhere, the rear door leaks a little when it rains and none of the window felt is good. The claim was that this truck had a "new" black carpet. Nope. It had a tan carpet that was spray painted black...probably due to stains but it's not worn through anywhere so I'm not concerned. The radio doesn't work and thankfully neither the dash nor the trim plate was cut up so I can get a nice Bluetooth two post radio. My main concern is that the truck is stuck in 4wd, thankfully high, not low, so that will be my first project. I'm thinking twin stick np203 till I can get a 205. I'm not going doubler as this is just going to be a tow rig. The passenger exhaust is also loose at the manifold. I'm going to try and tighten it today, hopefully I don't snap a bolt because I don't have the money to drop on headers and a new exhaust right now. Hopefully that will happen by the end of the year. The gas gauge actually works, as well as the temp gauge and oil pressure. The volt gauge is bouncy and the speedo doesn't move. The hitch looks custom, probably built it to protect the gas tank when backing into the water. The main rear door opens but I can't get the other door to open. It was open in the dealer pics but it's stuck now. Last but not least, the gas tank leaks when full, not much but enough to smell it. Future plans: My first desire is to get the body good. The front doors and the cargo doors don't line up well. The rear doors are good. New weatherstripping all around. New carpet and put some insulation/sound deadener down. New door panels and dash pad. I want 1-ton axles and am thinking of an L29 multiport efi 454, with a 4L80E and a twin stick NP205. Other fun stuff like dual batteries, onboard air, a real hitch, and a rear bumper mounted tire carrier with gas cans.