Request, pictures of rear suburban / crew cab power doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Hello everyone! My project continues, but now she's on the road!

You must be registered for see images attach

I have finally got around to installing the power door locks on my K30 Crew cab and am having some issues with where the lock actuator bolts onto the rear doors. I have looked everywhere on both this forum and the other one and I can not find any pictures of a power REAR door with everything bolted on, with the door cards removed.

I was rather hoping someone had some pictures of their rear doors I could reference so I could get some idea of where to put the bolts in that hold the door lock actuator. And if someone had the time and inclination to take pictures with a tape measure referencing some other bolt holes that would be very helpful! :D

I've got the power window regulator and all the door lock stuff installed in the door, but I can't seem to find a good spot for the door lock actuator that will be covered by the door card. It seems to hang in about the right spot but it seems like it would be right at the edge of the door card, I also was unsure about how much travel it should have, the actuator seems to have way more travel than the lock rod, so I would think that it would be mounted somewhere in the middle of that travel, but I'm not sure.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those two dimples directly below the latch are the locators.

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
OHH! Now I see, I thought the door cards covered the bolts, ok that makes things much easier. Thankyou!

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Got one door all mounted up, door lock actuator is in, power window regulator is in. Going to have to take the regulator back out at some point to do all the weather stripping. But I'm holding off on that till I have time to take the door off the truck so I can dill the hole for the wiring from cab to door. Which means that I now need to work on that harness. Thanks again bucket!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara