Reproduction VIN plates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Is there any way to get a new vin plate made? Mine is extremely hard to read. I can provide proof that I own the truck with the title and the SPID. Is this something the GM heritage center does is is there anyone out there that does it? I’d like to get one for the door sticker too since I had to replace the driver door.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
In Kansas it is or anyways last I checked it was a felony to change the VIN tags. Hiway patrol can issue and attach new ones but they don't look anything like originals.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Check out ECS for the door sticker. I got one from them for my 78 and it was very nice.
http://www.ecsvin.com/

Also there's a guy in Sweden or someplace that makes copies of vin plates but I can't find the info right now. And yes, it is illegal to swap out the plate

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Check out ECS for the door sticker. I got one from them for my 78 and it was very nice.
http://www.ecsvin.com/

Also there's a guy in Sweden or someplace that makes copies of vin plates but I can't find the info right now. And yes, it is illegal to swap out the plate
Looks like that’s a good place to get the sticker. I wonder if they can do it without a picture. The original sticker was just pure white from fading. And the door is long gone anyway.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
I'm not sure what years used the same sticker, but if you could get a pic of an 82 from someone they would probably do it with your supplied info.
With mine they did it from a pic but it ended up being larger then the original by about a quarter inch, so they suggested I send them the original so they could get it right. They reproduced it and sent it back with the original, and no additional charges. So if yours is the same as a 78, they got it figured out.

They were a real pleasure to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell