Replacing Fuel Tank 1983 Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGoose

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.2L Detroit Diesel
Hello All!

Since my kids have been out of school they decided they wanted to fix up Grandpa's old truck. He bought it new back in '83 and it has been sitting in a barn since the late 90's and has not been ran since about 2000. The truck is a 1983 C10 with the 6.2L diesel engine. The truck is in good shape for it's age but like anything else that old we've been trying to fix some of the problems.

One of the reasons why the truck was put up is because the fuel tank had a hole in it. We have been redoing the fuel system and have replaced the fuel tank and the fuel lines and fuel pump (mechanical one). Stupidly, we cut the fuel filler hose from the old fuel tank to the fill cap and now I cannot locate another one.

There seems to be hardly any information at all on the filler hose for a 1983 Stepside truck in general, much less a diesel. I do not know if there is anything different about the diesel than the gas but I would try the gas one if I could locate one. I was hoping somebody on this board could point me to a site or resource where I could either order one or have one made. I have the old one for reference. There are some funky bends in this hose compared to a fleetside and we've already verified that the fleetside will not work.

Thanks for your thoughts.

TheGoose

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.2L Detroit Diesel
Here's some photos of us and the truck and the fuel filler hose.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheGoose

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10