Replacement panels quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike M

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sorry if this has been covered, kinda new here... I am looking for a Square Body to use as a hauling truck / restoration in progress. In my area (Louisville,KY metro) it is just about impossible to find trucks without the usual rust problems. I have a line on a truck, but it will need rockers, floors, bedsides. What brand of replacement body parts or vendor/website do you recommend ? Don't post "go to a junkyard" or "look for good used"--I've looked for used items locally, really nothing on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace that isn't already smashed or rusted. The trucks in the local junkyards have been picked clean and squarebodies are getting a bit hard to find in the local yards. Thanks in advace for your thoughts and what parts have worked for your restoration.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
For the extent of the parts have you checked out copart? You may be able to find a donor near you that would cut a lot of cost.

But if you are dead set on aftermarket I haven't tried anything on a square but Keystone used to have some pretty well fitting aftermarket body panels for 90s 00s vehicles.

MylesNT

Local Info Bum
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
LMC has the new Premium front fenders.

From the description "Premium parts are produced using 18 gauge, OE quality steel for strength and durability to outperform current collision damage quality parts."

At $200 each they are more expensive than the others, but we need a guinea pig.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
I went with Key Parts from FixMyRust. All the body guys I talked to each said they fit the best and were the correct thickness and steel. They told me, to a man, they cut down the time they had to spend making panels fit which lowered their estimates when I agreed to buy the parts made by Key Parts. YMMV.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Stay away from the cheap stuff, it took me ages to fit the crap parts and it's still far of the original gaps and fitment.
6 years ago no premium stuff was available.

Johnny Mac

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So out of Goodmark, Sherman Parts, Auto Metal Direct (AMD) (easily accessible through summit...) what is thought of as decent quality panels?

OR is Key parts thought of as the best avail?

I'm in OH....quality OE or NOS panels are not easily had, and the ones that are are quadruple price of what Goodmarks go for.

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
plus 1 on fixmyrust, heard they are better than most. I got mine from LMC and they sucked thin steel, fit was crap and to beat it all not cheap in price at all

Remo76C15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Amazon has some square body panels as well. Shipping was way cheaper than LMC as well.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What about usa1industries ,has anyone tried them ? They boost about there quality compared to others.As you can see I need to replace the whole left side. Semi driver fell asleep at the wheel and side swiped the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
That's not really too bad for gettin whacked by a semi, seems like it coulda been a lot worse!!

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I looked on fixmyrust they dont have full door or full bed panels for a 82 fleet side.I emailed them cause in the pictures there is a part number but not in the list.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I used AMD for most of the replacement panels on my k5.
Inner and outer rockers, kick panels and front floor panels.
Used goodmark for the rear floor section just behind the front seats.
No complaints on the panels.
Good quality. Of course they all need a little massaging to fit. You can see the work on my k5 build thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1