Replacement Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdevir

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Have an 82 K-10 which working on restoring/cleaning up. Learned have heavy rust/rotted out - drivers floor board /rocker/kick panel from leaking/rusting windshield frame. Recommendation made to seek out a used replacement cab preferably which came out of south or west U.S. Anyone have sources for a replacement cab - open to w or w/o doors and glass. Any names or vendors please let me know.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I was dealing with the exact same problem, these Indiana winters.....I found a donor truck that was out of the south and have been pillaging it for parts. I have an 81 cab that you described as exactly the same as yours. Good Luck on your hunt. lots of guys here might have contacts or parts.....

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Indiana is a long haul to WA, but there's a few guys out here that part out squares on the West side. John Addington comes to mind. Get on FB PNW Squarebodys and/or check Craigslist. There really is no shortage of rust free cabs around here. Many get scrapped that would make the rust belt guys puke. I got a chunk of windshield frame to fix my truck out of a pristine 80s cab, for free, because it was going to the scrapper anyways.
If you committed to hauling away a whole chassis, you could probably get more than a cab for $0 or very reasonable cost at least, around here.

And to that point, I'd just start searching CL and FB south and west of your location, progressively further until you found one. Seems once you get to the Rockies or just west of the Rockies, the rust % drops significantly.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I may have access to a replacement for a regular cab 2WD.

Strickland

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tater81