Remove 3" lift and return to stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inman789

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I want to thank everyone for the help and great advice! I found that Rock Auto is a great resource and buying a Dewalt 750 ft/lb impact wrench was a huge help. Even with that, I had to cut some U bolts and spring shackle bolts. Ended up changing all four shocks and front springs (Rock Auto) (thanks 75gmc25) and no steering arm changes were needed (good call gmbellew). Ended up lowering the roof height from 78" to 72" with stock suspension and stock 235/75R15 tires. Thanks again!

Have since painted the wheels Krylon 1403 Dull Aluminum (pretty close to rallye color) and installed the center caps and trim rings. Am surprised to find its not easy to find a 5th rallye wheel (6 lug and with the threaded holes for the center caps) but will keep looking.

Just the beginning of a million projects it seems but am very thankful for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 73

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@Inman789 I really like the fact that you went back to the original height and stance. I like all of the things that folks do with their trucks but returning to stock is getting pretty rare these days.

I may be wrong here but I think that the bolt holes for the rally rim center caps do not come threaded from the factory. The factory bolts cut their own threads. Someone may come along that knows better but if you examine the factory bolts that hold the center caps you will see what I mean. The bolts are tapered and notched, almost like a tap.

You can just see the small notches in the threads in this pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

Inman789

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think you're right about the self tapping bolts. I saw some similar wheels on Summit (without the holes - threaded or not) so I guess if I dont come across a good used one for a spare I could get that and drill my own holes, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg