Rebuild Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
My previous post on trans/transfer case combinations feeds into this question...who makes good OEM rebuild kits for the TH400 and NP208?

I see countless different ones online, and at this point don't which manufacturer is any good or if there really is any difference between suppliers.

Also, I don't need a high performance or racing kit, just basic OEM parts with any basic improvements learned over time...the old 350 in the truck (even if freshened up) won't be doing much more than original HP output.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
https://www.tealautomotiveinc.com/

This is where I get most of my parts. Call them and ask for Cheryl. They ship all over the country.

They either stock or can order anything you need, they have basic stock rebuild kits, kits that include racing clutches and bands, and everything in between. They also can get a converter, and I’m pretty sure they can get parts for transfer cases.

Pretty sure what TransStar calls their master overhaul kit included all the stock style clutches and steels, a gasket kit, bushing and thrust washers, modulator, and filter. Unless something is really torn up in your transmission, a master overhaul kit will have everything you need to rebuild it. If something is torn up, Teal probably has the parts you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8