Rear roof wind deflector suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
hey guys, I just got a rear wind deflector for my suburban. Take off original style. I didn’t remove it but it came with all exterior brackets and bolts. My question for the guys who have them is this.

What do they use to mount to the truck with? Are there threaded inserts that are added when these were installed? Are there inserts on all suburbans and just no holes through the roof if not installed? And definitive markings on inside of roof to make placement easy?

Also, we’re these a factory option or a dealer add on? I’ve always wanted one for my 87 jimmy and just never got one but jumped on getting this one for my burban.

Thanks.

Ben

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
hey guys, I just got a rear wind deflector for my suburban. Take off original style. I didn’t remove it but it came with all exterior brackets and bolts. My question for the guys who have them is this.

What do they use to mount to the truck with? Are there threaded inserts that are added when these were installed? Are there inserts on all suburbans and just no holes through the roof if not installed? And definitive markings on inside of roof to make placement easy?

Also, we’re these a factory option or a dealer add on? I’ve always wanted one for my 87 jimmy and just never got one but jumped on getting this one for my burban.

Thanks.

Ben

I believe they were factory not sure, if not then definitely dealer add on. The roof rack and spoiler thread into nutserts mounted in the roof. There's definitely not any holes or inserts if it didn't come with it.

As far as there being markers on the roof for all suburbans I don't believe so but I could be wrong.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
There was a template for locating. The ones I have were just sheet metal screws

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Do they help keep the snow off your back window? My Blazer sucks while driving in the snow, back window keeps getting covered with snow. Have to stop and clear it off every so often.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Do they help keep the snow off your back window? My Blazer sucks while driving in the snow, back window keeps getting covered with snow. Have to stop and clear it off every so often.

NEVER had snow on my back window in Houston, so it must work.

Sorry - could not help it. :D

Actually, I forgot - ONE time. But, it was parked, so still cannot answer.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Tough to get good measurements one handed , but ...

Chrome trim lip to edge of mount ( tape measure was locked down at measurement, but slid on roof while taking pic )

From left side of RH mount across :

From left side of middle mount across :

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Thanks guys, I was more wondering if there was anything on the inside of the roof like support ribs to drill/bolt through or whatever. I’ll pull the a/c panel down and look up. I may make little plates so I can sandwich the roof skin just because I do everything overkill. For sure am not going to just sheet metal screw it to the roof.

Thanks guys.

Ben

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Thanks guys, I was more wondering if there was anything on the inside of the roof like support ribs to drill/bolt through or whatever. I’ll pull the a/c panel down and look up. I may make little plates so I can sandwich the roof skin just because I do everything overkill. For sure am not going to just sheet metal screw it to the roof.

Thanks guys.

Ben

None of the holes have support ribs or any kind of structural support under them. I bought a nice little nutsert kit a little while ago and love it, really solid too.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My 94 gmt400 burb was the same way even with a rear window wiper. (Clam shell ass end)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Thanks guys.

Ben

I like your idea for sturdier mounting.

Also, I believe they were all dealer-installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL