rear frame specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yepyep

Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
v20
Engine Size
350 tbi
hey I got another question for this forum I'm welding new tail sections onto the end of my frame on my 1987 V20 problem is I'm pretty sure they're too long and looking at diagrams I can't get any specs on the exact lengths..... does anybody have a diagram of the rear of the frame? be great to have the locations of the The rear bumper mounts holes and the length of the tail end of the frame from the edge of the leaf spring mount.

I included a picture for reference of what I'm doing I've got a plasma cutter too so burning holes for the bumper mounts won't be a problem neither will cutting the end of the frame off be an issue
You must be registered for see images attach

p.s im a novice welder so i still have alot to learn just in case my weld are weak im going to weld reinforcement plates overlaping both section of frame on the sides

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
This is a pic of my 1975 K25.

From the edge of the rear hanger to the end of the frame is 12 1/4".
I think there are a few extra holes there.

yepyep

Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
v20
Engine Size
350 tbi
This is a pic of my 1975 K25.

From the edge of the rear hanger to the end of the frame is 12 1/4".
I think there are a few extra holes there.

Nice! ty dude i reall appreciate it i finished welding both ends on tomorrow ill measure out and cut

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@yepyep,

Question. How in the world did your frame get cut off to begin with? And that short? Did your truck used to be a long bed and someone got carried away?

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
@yepyep,

Question. How in the world did your frame get cut off to begin with? And that short? Did your truck used to be a long bed and someone got carried away?

If you're building more toward hard core trail use... you end the truck right after the hangers. Typical hard core mod ... (which I highly approve of :deal: )

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Nice! ty dude i reall appreciate it i finished welding both ends on tomorrow ill measure out and cut

Oh well you're done already... well to hell with ya ! Naw just kidding joe and nice going getting your welds done. I would have left the tails until I knew what I was doing with the truck..
meaning make them as long or short as you need them. They could be theoretically longer or shorter depending on what kind of bumper you were up
to. Anyway, trying not to overthink so don't mind me. Welcome to the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8