Rear engine brackets.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ok, thank you! Let me know and if you can get some pics as well, that would be great. Once it's confirmed, I will happily pay for them including shipping.

No dice unfortunately. Looks like none have been accidentally saved (I don't like those brackets, lol) or at least there were none stashed in likely areas.

I did have a thought though, when I was working on my van. If getting used ones from the junkyard, just find a TBI van and remove them from the comfort of sitting in the interior. The doghouse covers come out easily and many will be removed already. Much easier than laying over an engine and working blindly against the firewall.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
No dice unfortunately. Looks like none have been accidentally saved (I don't like those brackets, lol) or at least there were none stashed in likely areas.

I did have a thought though, when I was working on my van. If getting used ones from the junkyard, just find a TBI van and remove them from the comfort of sitting in the interior. The doghouse covers come out easily and many will be removed already. Much easier than laying over an engine and working blindly against the firewall.
My God, that's brilliant! Never thought of that. There is a Chevy van at my local yard, I'll check it. Thanks so much!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

My uncles van when the dog house was off the back of the heads werent that accessible(1990 gmc) but you were basically looking right at the distributor on the pass side and the hold down was a bitch to secure lol.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8

You are the man! It worked like a charm! I found a 89 G20 with either the 5.0 or 5.7 at my local yard. They have 3 of them actually. An 89 (the one I pulled the brackets and other parts from), a 93, and I think another late 80's or early 90's one. Super easy to get to and grabbed some other little items while I was in there.
Now the biggest challenge will be trying to mount them to the truck. Like I said, if we have to, we'll pull the motor to get them mounted but hopefully we can find another way. Thanks again for your help along with everyone else!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
My uncles van when the dog house was off the back of the heads werent that accessible(1990 gmc) but you were basically looking right at the distributor on the pass side and the hold down was a bitch to secure lol.
Based on what the OP just said, I bet it had to do with the fact he had a conversion van not a regular van possibly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128