Rear Brake Backing Plates for 1/2 ton 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2tank

Reaction score
First Name
Bryston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi all,

I'm slowly bringing my '86 back from the great big mud puddle of time. I bought it with everything broken/worn out and I've made some decent progress. I’m just trying to get it back on the road to enjoy. This week's issues are stemming from the factory 8.5” rear end. More specifically, the 11” drum brakes. I need to know what the part number is for the backing plates. The ones I have now are pretty much junk, corroded/rusted beyond normal limits. I was directed to ACDelco 15911567 but these are not the right ones (I have to return or resell). I have checked all over, Rock Auto, Summit, JEGS, LEM, all the local part stores as a last resort, and nobody has a part number that I can confirm they fit or if they are available. This rear end was in a bunch of different trucks for years, so I’m surprised I can’t find any information. Maybe I don’t know how to use the internet correctly… If anyone has any experience with buying new ones, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

2tank

Reaction score
First Name
Bryston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was directed to the correct part numbers: 357853 - Left, and 357854 - Right. These are discontinued and no longer available. I have not been able to find any aftermarket replacement yet. If anyone has any leads, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

beest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Local u pick yards? I will be swapping my axles for 1 ton stuff soon, but dont have all the parts yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
so you are saying that they are rusted so bad they are not worth cleaning up? highdesertranger

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Since you're at it, rear disk brakes kits are around fairly priced these days. Just a thought, might be a good time to look into that option too.

Bus5

Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hi all,

I'm slowly bringing my '86 back from the great big mud puddle of time. I bought it with everything broken/worn out and I've made some decent progress. I’m just trying to get it back on the road to enjoy. This week's issues are stemming from the factory 8.5” rear end. More specifically, the 11” drum brakes. I need to know what the part number is for the backing plates. The ones I have now are pretty much junk, corroded/rusted beyond normal limits. I was directed to ACDelco 15911567 but these are not the right ones (I have to return or resell). I have checked all over, Rock Auto, Summit, JEGS, LEM, all the local part stores as a last resort, and nobody has a part number that I can confirm they fit or if they are available. This rear end was in a bunch of different trucks for years, so I’m surprised I can’t find any information. Maybe I don’t know how to use the internet correctly… If anyone has any experience with buying new ones, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

Bus5

Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hi,

I know this is an old post but I noticed you purchased backing plates 15911567 that did not fit your '86. Any chance you still have them? They are discontinued and I need them for my 05. you can email me directly at [email protected] if you with. I would purchase them from you and have them shipped. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg