Rally wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdogginit

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Can’t beat a nice clean set of rally wheels. Picked these guys up for my 82 shortbed for $150! Got some nice parts today. Wheel, dash. So much fun.
You must be registered for see images attach

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@jdogginit something looks a little bit off with two of the open ended (front) center caps. With a little polishing and a new set of stickers those center caps will come back nicely. Or you can buy a replacement set of center caps but they will be plastic.

I found a replacement set of the bolts that hold the center cap to the wheel and bought new stickers for mine. If you go that route I strongly advise you to GLUE the new 4x4 sticker to the center cap. The adhesive on the new stickers is not strong enough and you will lose the sticker.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Can’t beat a nice clean set of rally wheels. Picked these guys up for my 82 shortbed for $150! Got some nice parts today. Wheel, dash. So much fun.
Great Score !

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
@jdogginit something looks a little bit off with two of the open ended (front) center caps. With a little polishing and a new set of stickers those center caps will come back nicely. Or you can buy a replacement set of center caps but they will be plastic.

I found a replacement set of the bolts that hold the center cap to the wheel and bought new stickers for mine. If you go that route I strongly advise you to GLUE the new 4x4 sticker to the center cap. The adhesive on the new stickers is not strong enough and you will lose the sticker.

What glue did you use? I ordered the decals some time ago and will be ready for them soon

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You can use this, holds well, but hard to spread evenly:

This stuff is great for stickers:

jdogginit

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

2 different styles of cap for those fronts here. I’ll look into the hardware and stickers. I found a nice set of rings for $95 shipped. Will get em lookin nice in no time.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Nice thanks for the tip
Practice first. One coat only. Where ever you chose to spray, cover the area with rags or something. The over spray is very sticky too. Be ready and install right after spraying.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@jdogginit those front center caps are Not Right. They look like they are only 5 lug but that makes zero sense to me. They don't look like any factory GM 4wd center cap I remember.

I used some plain old silicone I had here in my shop. Don't recall what it was. I can tell you that so far I have lost two of those factory stickers and one had less than a mile on it when it left me.

I felt like I was on an AMF era Harley with pieces of chrome falling off going down the road... :signs6:

jdogginit

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
@jdogginit those front center caps are Not Right. They look like they are only 5 lug but that makes zero sense to me. They don't look like any factory GM 4wd center cap I remember.

I used some plain old silicone I had here in my shop. Don't recall what it was. I can tell you that so far I have lost two of those factory stickers and one had less than a mile on it when it left me.

I felt like I was on an AMF era Harley with pieces of chrome falling off going down the road... :signs6:
I already ordered some original rings and caps from fleabay for not a bad price.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You can use this, holds well, but hard to spread evenly:

My dad has always referred to that 3M weatherstrip glue as “Gorilla Snot”. Lol, the name stuck and that’s what I call it too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84