ralley wheel colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So I was just curious what the original factory color was for ralley wheels with trim rings and center caps? Anybody paint them a different color and like the contrast? New 31.10.50 15 are on the way and want to clean up my rims.
Thanx
Eric

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
I should also have added she is a six lug 4x4. I was always a big fan of the old school white wagon wheels. The stock ralley wheels were 15x8? Prices on the web are getting me thinking.... Work is really sucking right now but the cash is fueling the dream. lol
Eric

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I like them in silver, black, or painted body color.

With some body colors, I also think a champagne gold can look good too.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I think I started the whole black wheel craze back in '92 or '93 when I painted the rallies black on my '79 k10 Cheyenne. I thought it looked pretty good. Truck was cardinal red, with a silver inset down the side.
Lol.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Painting rally wheels, Chevrolet Flint Assembly, circa 1979 -
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit: I should mention that both rallys and base (white) wheels went down this same line. Wheels were painted and tires installed in sequence so that they flowed to the chassis line installation point in the correct order.

Since some trucks did not get a spare (optional content) then some assemblies were built up in a run of four and others built up in a run of five (no duallys were built in Flint).

There were extra tire wheel assemblies staged at the installation point so that if we got out of order a tire/wheel could be grabbed and installed to keep the line going. Similarly, if a truck was built with a wrong axle the corresponding "wrong" tire/wheels could be installed and the correct axle installed in a repair stall out back.

Lastly - if you look closely at that back wall you may be able to tell there is water running down in sheets. The flowing water was to capture (some of) the overspray, were it was conveyed to a paint pit, dryed, and presumably disposed of in a manner consistent with industrial hazardous waste.

K

Last edited:

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach