Radio powers on no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcj1986

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is an 86 truck. Ive had a jvc aftermarket radio in it for 8 years. This truck was already chopped for an aftermarket from the previous owner but i wired it in using both the truck diagrams and the jvc diagram and all the speakers worked until recently. Any help would be appreciated.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This is an 86 truck. Ive had a jvc aftermarket radio in it for 8 years. This truck was already chopped for an aftermarket from the previous owner but i wired it in using both the truck diagrams and the jvc diagram and all the speakers worked until recently. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm..let's see. You have a JVC head unit that has performed well for 8 years. But now, suddenly, there is no output from any of the speakers.

You didn't mention whether everything else still worked, so if I had to guess, I'd say the H/U was NFG.

Jcj1986

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hmm..let's see. You have a JVC head unit that has performed well for 8 years. But now, suddenly, there is no output from any of the speakers.

You didn't mention whether everything else still worked, so if I had to guess, I'd say the H/U was NFG.
I got it working. The plugin was not in all the way. I pressed really hard on it with the switch on and the sound came back

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A lot of aftermarket radios have a fuse in the back of them. IDK if it would keep it from powering on or not or sound. Worth a look IMO though.

Jcj1986

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A lot of aftermarket radios have a fuse in the back of them. IDK if it would keep it from powering on or not or sound. Worth a look IMO though.
The fuse is good. The plugin was not im all the way. I pressed in in really hard and the audio started working again.

Jcj1986

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Glad to hear its fixed.
Appreciate the advice though. I couldn't understand how it had power to the unit but no power out and the fuse still be good.

Jcj1986

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members