Radiator fan shroud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have been looking for an exact replacement for my truck’s radiator fan shroud, but have not been able to find one. I doubt the radiator is oem so the shroud might not be either but I don’t see any brand name on it anywhere. I need to replace it because it cracked and top and bottom halves broke apart.
I have looked at LMC and Classic Parts but they don’t carry anything. I did not find anything at Pull-a-Part. Any suggestions? Pics might help you better understand what I am looking for.

You must be registered for see images attach

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do you have the bottom half? If so refer to one of my posts that shows how to make a bracket for each half using 1/2" alum. angle. Take a piece of the angle, cut wedges out of one side and form the angle piece forming it along the edge of the lower half of the shroud. pop rivet it to the shroud half and do the same to the lower half. do the same to the other side for each half. clamp your two angle pieces together and drill holes , 4 to 5 along the length and turn screws into each hole to make threads. Do the same to the other side and now you have a way to attach each side together and you can remove the top from the bottom when you need to work on the front of the engine whenever you need to without having to remove the whole shroud.
I will dig up those posts and get back to you.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Go to Engine & performance and go to "cold radiator" on page 3. scroll to the bottom and you'll see what I did to fix mine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd agree. I'd piece it back together and it'll do it's job just fine. It looks to be more than a crack now. I probably would have drilled a small hole at the end of the cracks to stop them from growing and then covered or filled the cracks with some silicone or hot glue. A fan shroud doesn't have to be perfect to work properly so long as it's not broke up so bad it's flapping around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te