r3500 new lower control arms wont take grease??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlesg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
Tried lubing them and they wont take grease, changed zerks too, does the weight need to be off them??

Thanks!

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tried lubing them and they wont take grease, changed zerks too, does the weight need to be off them??

Thanks!
Shouldn't need to be unweighted to grease them. I would have guessed the zerk fittings but if you changed them... is your grease gun the problem? With new ones I am not sure what to tell you. I have used some heat on old ones to soften old grease in the zerk but this doesn't really apply. I would try another gun.

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
Sometimes if you tighten the grease zerk all the way in it will contact something on the inside and plugs the zerk try backing it off a little bit and try again also take your grease gun and pull the trigger a few times with it connected to nothing if grease comes out good if no grease comes out you have a problem with your grease gun either it's empty broken or has an air pocket excetera. Are you talking ball joint or control arm pivot bolt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike