Question about the EGR-TVS vaccum lines.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilRobert1367

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
With the EGR-TVS, I know that one of the line connect to EGR and the canister with a tee and the other line should connect to the carb but what port on the carb should the other line for the EGR-TVS connect to on a Monojet carb?

The truck was converted to run off propane since they used it at my grand-uncle propane dealership in the early 80s. The kit they put on the truck would of allowed them to run Gas and Propane but they disable everything that had to do with gas and just ran it off propane. The carb seem to be turned a quarter of a turn compared to everything I can find on a 250 running a monojet carb, so my guess is that the Monojet on the 250 isn't the original carb that was on it. I believed it was a 2-barrel carb that they downgraded the carb to a 1 barrel carb to work with the propane mixer that came with the propane conversion kit, so they had to put a 2 barrel to 1 barrel adapter on the intake manifold.

I think I have majority of the vaccum lines figured out except for the EGR-TVS port that is closest to the thermostat housing. The only port open on the Monojet carb is the port that is under the fuel bowl but I believe that the port that would go to the air cleaner housing but the truck don't have the orginial air cleaner. So does anyone know what I should do. Do I leave it alone or do I connect it to the one open port on the carb?

Attachments

• DSCN0943.JPG
    DSCN0943.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0944.JPG
    DSCN0944.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 56

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm sorry I thought I could help until I realized you have a 6 cyl, but I'm commenting because I think it's really cool that your putting the motor back to stock. There is nothing I love more than opening the hood on an older car or truck and finding it stock. Do you know if the TVS is suppose to have manifold vac? If so it would be fine to just tee into a manifold vac source. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the 6 cyl vac system will comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat